Installation problems

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Todd

Installation problems

#1 Post by Todd »

My contractor came to install my new Schuco windows today. Two main problems and questions:

The first casement with a circle top was removed. Then he realized that there was no "H" piece to put between the two new windows (circle over the casement). He left a voice-mail at Schuco but ended up using another "H" looking piece of plastic and putting the new window in as temporary. Crooked, with insulation exposed all around! I realize he didn't want to risk damage by affixing the window only to have to remove it on the re-install, but I was less than happy. Said he'll speak to the company, re-install this one and do the others like it. Hope it doesn't rain. Non-circle top casements installed well. Does anyone know the details of the connection between the Schuco circle tops and casements below?

A twin DH was installed and I realized it was a Corona 2000, not 4000 as ordered. My fault for not double checking, but I didn't want to hover every second. I was told the sash can be changed to the triple glaze without re-installing the window making it a corona 4000. Is this true?

Thanks in advance

Guy

#2 Post by Guy »

I'm not sure on Schucos window. The installer obviously knew what he needed. He should have made sure he had it before he left the shop. It should be no problem with the temp job he did until he gets the parts needed. Hopefully he has them in the shop. It should be very easy to fix. I'm sure Windows4U will stumble upon this and offer more of an explanation for the sash replacement. FenX may know also. Give them some time and I'm sure they'll respond.

Guy