trim wrap anderson bend

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
PK

trim wrap anderson bend

#1 Post by PK »

Got a call for a siding job, customer asked me If we could make an "anderson bend" in the coil for the window wrap.... Anyone know what an Anderson bend is?? Is this maybe a geographic term for something I already make and call by a different name?? Thanks
PK

Skydawggy.

Re: trim wrap anderson bend

#2 Post by Skydawggy. »

PK wrote:Got a call for a siding job, customer asked me If we could make an "anderson bend" in the coil for the window wrap.... Anyone know what an Anderson bend is?? Is this maybe a geographic term for something I already make and call by a different name?? Thanks

An Andersen Bend or Andersen Cap is one where the trim coil at the top corners of the window are cut at a 45 degree angle and the vertical and top horizontal pieces have bends in them that contour with the wood trim. Usual done when the exterior wood is ranch-style brick molding.

Flat capping is when the trim coil is bent in a "U" shape without contours. Flat capping a Ranch-style brickmolding usually indicate a lesser skilled installer or someone in a rush.

PK

#3 Post by PK »

thanks for the response, the name threw me for a loop I bend 908 casing all the time, really doesn't take much more time then U shaped casing.
PK

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

We usually call that a brickmold bend.

XSleeper

#5 Post by XSleeper »

I'm suprised they don't call it a "California" bend. ;)

So an "Andersen" bend is just a 908 brickmould bend? Was Andersen the first to use 908 brickmould?