Andersen Faces Class action Argon Lawsuit

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Andersen Faces Class action Argon Lawsuit

#1 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Windows on Washington

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Interesting. We shall see what comes of this.

researcher

#3 Post by researcher »

I would like to know what window and what spacer this lawuit is based on?

FenEx

#4 Post by FenEx »

I have known it and said it for many years. No surprise here.

Not to worry Researcher, Andersen never claimed to be completely gas filled or that their IG would retain it. They have plenty of money and plenty of legal to drag the class action suit out for several years, and possibly win because they were very careful in their written warranty, to only include "obstruction of vision (condensation between panes)... which won't happen due to the highly dessicated spacers used.

Randy

#5 Post by Randy »

FenEx,

I do not disagree with your characterization of Andersen as "very careful" in their claims and warranty, and I know that you have seen this coming.

Nor do I doubt Andersen's ability to mount a vigorous and protracted defense.

I do, however, doubt their willingness to do so. Class action lawsuits are typically little more than extortion, which the attorneys know will net them a few million dollars in fees, while the alleged "victims" get a coupon for $50.00 off their next purchase.

Once Andersen settles for a few million dollars, the bottom feeders will be filing on the next manufacturer.

Just one more example of why tort reform (loser pays) is so badly needed in this country.

FenEx

#6 Post by FenEx »

Randy

I completely agree with your view, but I think it will end quite differently. Many major manufacturers and contractors/dealers make claims they can't keep with a full understanding that it can't be proven. Welcome to my world, where we can prove that products and installations aren't working as promised using very sophisticated testing equipment (most are backed by Gov. agencies). I predicted years ago that there will be a time when these claims will be challenged. So it begins (atleast in the public eye- as it has been in progress for years)... I am THRILLED!

As I have also predicted, you will see a new type of litigation going after the contractors that make claims of energy-performance that they can't keep, especially those with bogus energy savings claims and/or pledges. As the government and the really big dollar corps take a pounding in the press for polution, global warming and false promises, do you really think they will let offenders in the grossly ignored remodeling market capitalize on billions of dollars by even being more deceptive WHILE offering federal tax incentives to their clients???

It's gonna be a great year!!!

Randy

#7 Post by Randy »

Ha! I know you are going to do well with your certification. I'm looking to get certified as well. Will probably make a school in September in Oklahoma City.

I'm all for going after the companies who are knowingly making bogus claims and energy pledges. Their pockets may not be deep enough for the attorneys however.

Let's hope your right on Andersen, and the other legitimate manufacturers, they need to fight back.

FenEx

#8 Post by FenEx »

As stated, others will join in. Check the page link at the bottom for other window and door lawsuits.

http://www.windowdoorlawsuit.com/default.htm

Randy

#9 Post by Randy »

I had never seen that site before. Quite a smorgasbord of lawsuit potential. Whatever your window problem, they've got a lawsuit remedy.

The auditing side is looking better all the time.