Anyone know about K-Designers?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
allschuckup

Anyone know about K-Designers?

#1 Post by allschuckup »

We almost bought windows from a company called K-Designers. They use Amerimax windows and claim that they are the best. The "retail" price started out at $15K for 8 windows and a slider. The "discount" started at $10K then was dropped to $8K. Then it dropped to $6k for 7 windows and no slider, and 6 month deffered payments. I just got a call from the vice president of the company and the price dropped to $5K and no payments till 2006! this seems like a good deal but I wonder if they are still charging too much. My sister just had 10 windows installed for $4600. The windows are manufactured by LBL.
So my questions for the experts are does anyone know about Amerimax and LBL windows? Am i comparing apples to oranges? And is K-Designers the Cadillac of window installers the they claim to be?
Thanx for any help.

E-Z

#2 Post by E-Z »

allshuckup.

You know that gut feeling you had before you started researching because you thought you where getting ripped off? Thank it and thank it again. What would have happen if you had signed up at 15k? would they have given you a rebate? I hardly think so. So know a 10 k discount? We don't need to tell you.... you know.
Amerimax in my opinion is a good window and from what i've seen so is LBL. Amerimax is carried by a lot of dealers so you can price them out elsewhere and get a real good idea of how much you should pay. What did they said it was so great about Amerimax?

AMERIMAX,LBL,POLYBAU, SIMONTON, ANLIN top dogs in California in my opinion.
Cadillac of Installers? You said it CLAIM TO BE.

I personally think i am the Bentley of installers. But if my customers don't say so then it's just that ..... a claim.

E-z
www.eazywindows.com
E-z
E-z Windows

allschuckup

#3 Post by allschuckup »

You are the first person that has heard of both Amerimax and LbL. All the research I've done points to the two brands being very comparable. I just wanted to get an unbiased opinion. 8) So get this, we can get all 8 windows plus the slider done in LbL for $4950. :D That's a lot less than K-Designers wanted at $15K or $10K or $8K.
Thanx again.