replacing windows and doors in so florida

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
toronto

replacing windows and doors in so florida

#1 Post by toronto »

I had thought that Euro-Tech windows and doors would look and function the best.
my first thought was to get french (pin stripe) windows double pane and hurricane shutters but discouvered that the windows though better than those approved by Dade county were not tested and therefore not up to code.
i then went to Euro-Tech high impact windows only to find they no longer sell into Florida.
My house will be ready in 5 weeks for the windows and i am back to square one.
does anyone know where in so fl (Boca Raton area) i can look at comprable windows
thanks
richard

johnmr12

#2 Post by johnmr12 »

Richard, i'm not familiar with the Euro-Tech Windows so i really dont know what a "Comparable" window would be. But, have you gone to the local window contractor showrooms to see what's available in your area? I have gotten a few requests for quotes in Dade and Sarasota Counties, but i don't sell to that area of the Country. Is there a shortage of window contractors there?
Learn how to install vinyl replacement windows. Visit http://www.how-to-install-windows.com.

FenEx

#3 Post by FenEx »

I am more familiar with the Midwest and East Coast product lines. You might consider trying the "Request a Free Quote" option above to find products and contractors in your area. I do believe that Schuco is available where you are too and they are Dade County approved with a DP-65 rating. Good Luck.