RENEWAL BY ANDERSEN THE TRUTH

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
djdocmorgan

RENEWAL BY ANDERSEN THE TRUTH

#1 Post by djdocmorgan »

are you paying too much for your windows? you bet you are. Being a former sales rep for Renewal by andersen I have seen with my own eyes the unbelivable mark up on my former customers. would you belive 40 %. take 40% off the list and there still making money.this is the truth.At my store I had 15 to 20% to work with before It affected my commision.then the store would have the disgression to lower it from there.After spending almost 2 years working for this company I was appauled at the inside workings of this company,.. first class customer service is part of there mission statment. What a JOKE!!I still have customers calling me after 5 months trying to help them get service issues resolved.The People Installing your windows are not trained by andersen like they say.. this is the TRUTH!!There are people within this company that are not going to be happy about this post. OH well!! you the consumer have the right to Know.oddly ENOUGH your installers make as much as your sales rep or more depending on travel time to your home. some reading this post will say I am a disgruntled employee, yes some what.I am a firm believer that if you promise customers something you better back up your words with action. and action in solving problems is not at the top of their list making the sale the first night in your home IS..A Companys reputation is only as good as the people running it. and Renewal by Andersen Grand Rapids mi leaves something to be desired.. ON a scale of 1 to 10 I give them a 5 for over all preformance. IT is a nice window. way over priced your paying for the Andersen Name and Warranty. You have the power of negotiation when it comes to the price. use it and you'll come out ahead.

JScott

#2 Post by JScott »

Yes, I think we all have seen the video undercover reporting on WXYZ in Detroit. Move on.

djdocmorgan

renewal

#3 Post by djdocmorgan »

I have never seen the report. is there a link to the story? I have moved on thanks. most people don't do enough research on the net to find out as much as they can before they spend there hard earned money. I posted this topic so people would have a little insight from the inside to better help in making there decission and to give them a leg up in the negotiation process.
former rep

JScott

#4 Post by JScott »

My appologies. Move on actually meant- show us the performance ratings for air and water infiltration and the dp ratings which just meet the minimum guidelines that are not published and regarded as "secret". To see the videos go th wxyz.com and find the troublehooting video links. One of the reports is titled window panes and the other I can not remember but has "pane" in the title. Did you have any of the product show deterioration as has been seen in Alabama?

CHORT1313

#5 Post by CHORT1313 »

Thanks for the post.. I'm going to check out the videos. We had a rep just leave and I really like the windows, but I want to see what else it out there as well.

bgabriel

Re: RENEWAL BY ANDERSEN THE TRUTH

#6 Post by bgabriel »

Curious if anyone has or knows of a Renewal by Andersen customer who received a quote and contract that was to have included all of the windows in their house to then later find out that the sales person left one window off the contract and then expected the customer to pay additional for the window left off?

toddinmn

Re: RENEWAL BY ANDERSEN THE TRUTH

#7 Post by toddinmn »

If your contract specified an amount of windows that is different than the actual count then I would expect to pay the difference.