Is Schuco quiting the vinyl window business?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
FenEx

#16 Post by FenEx »

So it begins.

Here a an email quote directly from Schuco to one of my clients that is attempting to get service.The complaint was a glass issue as well as air leakage issues on other units.

"Although I cannot get into the details as to the delay in shipping out
your glass, we will be sending the glass for the picture window directly
to your house. We no longer have a service department, so I do not have
anyone who can come out to service your windows."

The homeowner was then told that MY company would provide the service and for them to call me!!! A key member of Their Customer Service Department stated they no longer have a Customer Service Department.

Windows on Washington

#17 Post by Windows on Washington »

windowmann2000 wrote:Window4U, I'm sure your not pleased about measuring a couple of windows wrong, but it makes me feel better about the five I screwed up in December, one of them a $420.00 window...........cost. Tis good to see other pro's make a few errors. I thought I was alone in this boat.
Anybody in the market for a nice...and huge, 5-lite bow with double prarie grids (can you get any more odd?)?

Note to self...write more neatly.

FenEx...that is a complete PITA that they are already stiffing you guys before the change of guard. I wouldn't be suprised if problems will be all but ignored after this....and so it begins.

My sympathies to those Schuco dealers out there.

windowmann2000

#18 Post by windowmann2000 »

WoW, would you take a brand spanking new 5 lite fiberglass 122x38 in on trade, we thought that three was a five ummmm.

hugefire

Re: Reply

#19 Post by hugefire »

FenEx wrote:So it begins.

Here a an email quote directly from Schuco to one of my clients that is attempting to get service.The complaint was a glass issue as well as air leakage issues on other units.

"Although I cannot get into the details as to the delay in shipping out
your glass, we will be sending the glass for the picture window directly
to your house. We no longer have a service department, so I do not have
anyone who can come out to service your windows."

The homeowner was then told that MY company would provide the service and for them to call me!!! A key member of Their Customer Service Department stated they no longer have a Customer Service Department.
That customer is me! After months of FenEx not being able to get a hold of Schuco to service my in-line slider, I started trying to contact various members of Schuco via email, all with no luck. Finally, I decided to go through the Schuco website with the link for finding a dealer. I got a response the next day, and they sent out some larger bulb seals that week. Unfortunately, my window still whistles. I contacted them again over the weekend about this, and the glass pack that FenEx had ordered but that they had not shipped. I had the response above on Monday, and more bulb seals arrived on Wednesday. So if any one else is trying to get service through Schuco with no luck, I'd recommend contacting them in the same manner. The customer service rep that answers the requests may be the only one in the company that cares about the customers. Unfortunately, they are putting the repair work on the shoulders of the dealers, but FenEx has been great about it.