SCHUCO UPDATE

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Windows on Washington

#46 Post by Windows on Washington »

Am I the only one that feels like I am trying to reason with my nephew...?

pbiancardi

#47 Post by pbiancardi »

Ok I get it you are all upset with Schuco.

Is that a reason to come on here an make accusations about lack of future support?

You need some advice on brand awareness:

SALESMAN:
"Here are the windows I offer: Brand X, Brand Y, Brand Z, please tell me what is important to you and what you are trying to accomplish with your new windows and I will tell you about all of the lines I carry and suggest which one I think would be best for your situation."

CUSTOMER:
"I have read a lot about Schuco windows, do you carry these?"

SALESMAN:
"Schuco made a very good window, recently they sold off their window business to Four Seasons. I can offer you the Four Seasons window if it suits your needs best, otherwise I am sure I have something else that will work well in your situation."

How difficult is that? You guys act like you can no longer compete, NO ONE will be selling a Schuco branded window.

Again I get it you are upset.

But is trying to ruin a companies name going stop the sale? You are all being very counterproductive. How exactly do you plan on approaching your new customers? Are you going to tell them you used to sell Schuco but now they are junk so I am selling something else? My thought as a consumer would be, if you sold junk before, you will probably sell junk again...

FenEx

#48 Post by FenEx »

Here is the post I deleted. Maybe you will get it now.

pbiancardi

Your position is easy to understand.... you bought a product and want to feel good about it. That's great. Nobody said your windows were going to explode. However your responses are blatently ignoring the facts.

First of all (just for fun), you indirectly did take my advice to purchase Schuco products... like it or not. Your earlier posts here made it clear you were looking at Pella and Sunrise I believe... and you were moved towards Schuco through these sites by your own admission. I introduced Schuco to these sites, and as a matter of fact, I also introduced them to your dealer. Doesn't matter, but I thought I'd enlighten you anyways since you are being so smug about it. My efforts have also introduced several dealers and literally thousands of homeowners to the product line as well, so don't feel bad, you are in good company. Keeping this in mind, maybe you can finally understand why I am so upset about the way Schuco has and is handling things.

The information I have shared and will share is not directed at you or your purchase. It is also not directed at your dealer, whom I respect. He is following his beliefs and interpretations of what has and will happen and I will follow mine.

Many of the following statements are repeats and are for clarification purposes for others, as you seem to ignore them as you are attempting to make some sort of statement of your own.

The sales transaction in progress is for Schuco assets, NO they are not buying the company, they are buying assets (i.e. machinery, extrusion rights, and other forms of property that they can utilize for THEIR existing business. Their existing business is sunrooms that uses a different color of white (not linen) extrusions... one would think they want them to match as they will be used side by side. There goes the color as it's extremely unlikely they will keep all extrusions on hand in both whites to cover a transferable lifetime warranty. The purchasing company also has an exclusive corporate arrangement with Cardinal glass which includes their spacer system. There goes the VERY expensive (to purchase and operate) TPS spacer line which will no doubt be sold to another company and I understand is already happening. The purchaser already has their own patio doors and would be foolish to continue the Inline slider series from Schuco.

So, all odds point to this. Their color, spacer systems/glass packs (which by the way was a MAJOR attraction to Schuco), patio doors, Inline Sliders and thus the WARRANTY is in a seriously questionable status. The purchaser would be a fool to absorb the liability of this and if they did it will most certainly include THEIR new (unmatching) versions. I'm thinking most customers won't appreciate this, and as you stated yourself (what you would do), would go after THEIR dealers for compensation/solution. Just how much profit do you think dealers have made to absorb this over a transferable lifetime warranty period? There will be great losses, not only financially, but even more importantly, reputation and referral business. Let's not even get into tremendous losses of marketing and advertising done by the dealers for YEARS already to co-brand with SCHUCO. Corporations sell assets all the time, but they typically DON'T do it at the expense of their dealers and customers. You must understand that Schuco is a European company, and most don't even offer warranties... it's more of an American thing.

The people at Schuco that appreciated the efforts of dealers and others are all gone now. The new remaining regime doesn't give a damn. I have it on very good authority that in the latter part of 2007 Schuco Int. gave the directive to Schuco USA LP (subsidiary company) that they need to collect every dollar they can before the sale. This directive included collecting balances regardless of legitimate service issues. Hundreds of new window orders were taken by Schuco during this time period, without a whisper to dealers of what was about to happen. It's very obvious why dealers were not told. Make more sales, increase collection leverage, and delay a panic as to not upset the Schuco asset transaction.

I feel that I am an extremely respectable dealer. During the aforementioned time period, I placed numerous orders. I checked back weeks later to get a status for my customers. I was told they can't find the orders. I placed them again and asked for a rush. Again, weeks later, I checked back, but they said they didn't have a delivery date yet. Several days after that, I get an email, not a call, an email stating that my orders will not be processed until I pay the entire remaining balance of my bill and PRE-PAY for the new orders. I explained very clearly (as I have before to the same people) that the past due portion of my balance is exceeded by service and products that have been promised. I was told that this is no longer acceptable by Schuco from any of their dealers. At this point I have numerous new clients that have been waiting well over six weeks, and numerous old clients that have been waiting for about a year... and Schuco new it. Now in a panic to protect my customers first, I even considered having another dealer place my order thinking they might have better luck. The next day I cleared my head, changed direction and went back to Schuco again to see if they could be rational. That didn't happen so I contacted all of the customers invloved and offered refunds or alternative options. I am very glad I went this route even though it cost me dearly. I soon found out that they had addressed every dealer in the country the same way. I cannot speak for or defend every dealership, but I can, and will speak for mine!!!

Extortion definition: to obtain by force or improper pressure. It applies!

Even before the sale notification, If you hired a contractor that DEMANDED to be paid before fulfilling his responsibilities, and additionally you have spent considerable time and money fixing his failures, and he damaged your income and reputation, and lied to you consistantly... would you pay him? Would you post your disappointment here?

Pbiancardi... are you so gullable to believe that every dealer (having good credit or they couldn't become a dealer) is jeopardizing that just for Schuco and refusing to pay thier bill for no reason??? Inline Sliders, patio doors and even double hungs have been promised to get solutions and upgrades from engineering for years now. Don't even get me started on the other Euro lines. We aren't even talking warranty yet... we are talking blatent engineering/manufacturing flaws in the first place which the manufacturer is solely responsible for. For 'just one' example, from the Schuco literature for patio doors:
"Unlike traditional doors, both door sashes are fully operational for added flexibility."
"With your locking screen, you can let in a summer breeze without the bugs."
"Both sashes ride on Schuco's easy-slide rail system for smooth and simple operation" - "... on dual adjustable rollers..."
News flash.... the three panel patio doors don't even have an extrusion to accept a screen upon closing, let alone locking (leaves about a 1/2" open gap, top to bottom that hummingbirds could get through). Only one panel slides on all units, and the inoperable panel doesn't even have adjustments, let alone rollers. Again.. this is just ONE example. Ask your dealer about creative ways we have found in the field to correct some of the other flaws. I have Thousands in outstanding, uncollectable funds from my customers for this alone, as they have already dealt with other Schuco delays/product issues... and it has damaged any opportunity for referrals and/or future business with the original clients. Am I being childish?

The responses from Schuco have been consistant over years, and they have failed to keep them. Now, they are aborting keeping them. Furthermore... they (many from upper management) are now consistant in telling me that they themselves do NOT know what will lie ahead for the future.

Are we done now. I'm tired of typing tonight. As I have stated many times before, they made a good window. I, as well as every other dealer hopes that they will live up to their promises, for our sakes, as well as our customer's. The fact is.... Schuco USA bashed Schuco Int as well as many of us and our customers... we are just pawns on the chessboard sharing the experience. Your views are NOT representative of the vast majority... but "some" of our's are, so it would be appreciated if you were the one who backed away and went on with your business, whatever that may be. This happens to be our business. I take what I do very seriously, as do many others here, where do you get off calling my or other's comments childish? You really should stop and find another hobby now that you have your windows.

insiderinfo

#49 Post by insiderinfo »

My advice to everyone who cares...do not respond further to Biancardi.
He purchased his windows from a great guy, windows4u. I say that with sincerity, but he has his stated position. Let the two of them enjoy their relationship.
DO NOT be baited into a situation where something is said that will negate your position in the future. I think you all know what I am referring too. The position most of you are in has a moral, ethical and legal foundation that is on your side. This position will play out in the future. Do not let the Fencing salesman from Chicago taint your position by baiting you, and clearly, he is baiting.[/b][/i][/u]

insiderinfo

#50 Post by insiderinfo »

Sorry FenEx, I was in the process of typing the previous message when you sent your message. I did not mean to step on your toes...

RC

Re: Reply

#51 Post by RC »

Great post, FenEx. You have gone way up on my list of who I listen to and respect on this message board.

insiderinfo

#52 Post by insiderinfo »

pbiancardi

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:30 pm Post subject: Re: Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FenEx wrote:
Let me guess.. you are a car salesman? A politician? Work at a flea market? A pawn shop?

PBiancardi wrote in November:

"No as stated in first post I work in commercial sales for a fence company.
Last edited by insiderinfo on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FenEx

#53 Post by FenEx »

I am not worried about being baited. I am extremely well prepared legally, scientifically AND diagnostically to defend and even better prepared to attack if necessary. Most people that know me really well know this. It's Schuco's call.... I am sure we will see soon enough how they handle this.

In the meantime, I will suggest that further discussions don't cloud these forums. I have spoken to numerous Dealers already that are in the same set of circumstances and will consider conversations with other Dealers as well. I will be scheduling a teleconference within the next two weeks and sharing email contacts appropriately.

I can be contacted at Michaell@Performance-Exteriors.com

Win-admin
Board Administrator

#54 Post by Win-admin »

At this time we are going to close out this thread, as it would appear to have come to a conclusion. If any contractors would like to continue a discussion about what their experiencing with Schuco, we would encourage you to post in the contractors section.

Admin