SCHUCO UPDATE

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
FenEx

SCHUCO UPDATE

#1 Post by FenEx »

After literally dozens of calls from my office... none have been returned. I average 1-2 calls per week from custmers seeking solutions to product issues.

The conference call I mentioned with Schuco was never followed through with on their part.

I happened to catch and just got off the phone with Richard P., the somewhat recently appointed second in command at Schuco USA and tried to explain the problems that dealers and homeowners are having. He laughed. Let me say it again... He laughed... and stated that he would forward the message.

I made it clear who I am and what I have done, and that many dealers and homeowners have contacted me to find a solution. He laughed again.

For those involved w/ Schuco already (Dealers and consumers), Stay tuned for further opportunities to stop the laughter and get a resolution.

JScott

#2 Post by JScott »

class action time.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

What a bunch of jokers.

Soooo glad I didn't sell their crap now.

Procrastination pays off for once.

The-Window-Guy

#4 Post by The-Window-Guy »

He laughed. Let me say it again... He laughed...
What exactly do you think this moron finds funny about the situation?

pbiancardi

#5 Post by pbiancardi »

Just wondering, what is the point of this post? To further bash Schuco? Amazingly I am a real world customer who has not witnessed any of the problems that you speak of, I have had (2) small issues (window that didnt fit and a window with a stress crack) both of which happened AFTER the "sky started falling" and both were dealt with quickly and painlessly with no issue whatsoever.

Is it possible you have some other bone to pick with Schuco??

FenEx

fenex

#6 Post by FenEx »

You figured me out.

When I supported Schuco in their better years... I was called biased.

Now that they are defaulting on many promises to dealers and homeowners and I am pointing it out... I'm bashing.

You followed my advice to buy them but yet you now question my integrity on follow-up information.

Ok... buy more Schucos. Wish you well.

pbiancardi

#7 Post by pbiancardi »

Why so angry?

What exact problems have you had?

I am just curious, because as I stated as a consumer who recently purchased, I have not seen any of what you have described.

Certainly there is to be some transition period they go through, but how can you have so many problems in such a small amount of time?

pbiancardi

Re: fenex

#8 Post by pbiancardi »

FenEx wrote:You figured me out.

When I supported Schuco in their better years... I was called biased.

Now that they are defaulting on many promises to dealers and homeowners and I am pointing it out... I'm bashing.

You followed my advice to buy them but yet you now question my integrity on follow-up information.

Ok... buy more Schucos. Wish you well.
BTW, I went with Schuco based on information found on this board, information found other places online, and a recommendation from my wife's grandfather (who is probably the pickiest man I have ever met) who had them installed in the last year. I would say that your "followed my advice" comment is slightly less than accurate.

insiderinfo

#9 Post by insiderinfo »

pbiancardi wrote:Just wondering, what is the point of this post? To further bash Schuco? Amazingly I am a real world customer who has not witnessed any of the problems that you speak of, I have had (2) small issues (window that didnt fit and a window with a stress crack) both of which happened AFTER the "sky started falling" and both were dealt with quickly and painlessly with no issue whatsoever.

Is it possible you have some other bone to pick with Schuco??
pbiancardi; As a consumer, you are happy at the moment and that is a good thing. However, had you been exposed to the bigger picture as many of the Contractors who ultimately are responsible for making consumers such as yourself happy, you would then understand why FENEX and others have been terribly dissapointed with Schuco.

There are, for a fact, many homeowners who have been waiting MONTHS for parts and pieces, ordered by their contractor. Promises of delivery keep being made by Schuco, but nothing shows up.This has been happening for a long time. As short a time as three months ago, the President of Schuco was telling dealers that Schuco's service problems were being caused by an antiquated computer system and that Schuco was investing to fix it.That statement as it stands today was a lie (stalling tactic to preserve business until it could be sold) that betrayed a loyalty by the contractors who stood by Schuco, hoping that things would improve. Their loyalty was betrayed when Schuco announced the sale of the vinyl business. In their own words " AS A COMPLETION of a core business strategy begun in 2006, so that Schuco could concentrate on it's core competencies". Do you see the picture? Many of these contractors have spents tens of thousands of dollars trying to support a long term "partnership" with Schuco and now all of that is gone. The name Schuco as a vinyl window will dissapear when the sale is complete. If you know anything about marketing, that means a loss to each and ever dealer who spent their own money not only advertising the Schuco name.but trying in a vain attempt, to protect the name even as they saw an unending repeat after repeat of service issues. Building a brand is a long term effort and takes even longer to rebuild it. These guy's and gal's have very legitamate issues with Schuco. As time passes, these issues will be resolved, but perhaps not in the way Schuco is currently assuming they will.

pbiancardi

#10 Post by pbiancardi »

I understand what you are saying, it just doesn't make sense to me.

A good product is a good product regardless of what name you put on it. If its called Schuco or Four Seasons what does it matter?

The way you guys have been talking, the same high quality vinyl windows that I had installed a month or two ago are now crap?

I don't understand customers having service issues, I don't deal with Schuco, I deal with the guy I bought them from. If I have a problem, I expect the person who I purchased from to take care of it. Now if he cannot take care of it due to lack of parts support that would be a different story altogether.

Are you saying that you guys, as Schuco dealers, call up and order whatever part you need and they (for no reason??) simply refuse to get you the part? It just seems kind of hard to believe that one dealer gets parts with no problem, while other dealers are ignored? I would have to guess there is more to the story than people are letting on.

RC

#11 Post by RC »

Does it make sense that they are going out of business?

pbiancardi

#12 Post by pbiancardi »

RC wrote:Does it make sense that they are going out of business?
http://www.windowanddoor.net/latestnews.php?id=2541

Did you say going out of business? I am sure you meant to correctly say "sell the business" right?

At this point I would have to suggest to anyone window shopping that it might be a good idea to look somewhere else for info, this board is rapidly becoming a place for disgruntled dealers to post their propoganda....

This should be a board to give windows shoppers unbiased information about different windows. If you choose to "push" your preferred brand that is very understandable as one would assume it is your preferred brand because you think it is the best. But for you guys to run down and lie about a company like this, there absolutely has to be something going on that you are not talking about.

I am asking what the problem is, are we to believe that Schuco, without cause, is simply refusing to ship parts to certain dealers?

RC

#13 Post by RC »

Fine. Buy a potentially obsolete window if you want. I'm a dentist, by the way, not a window dealer.

pbiancardi

#14 Post by pbiancardi »

Well until one of the dealers answers my simple question I have no reason to doubt Schuco.

Windows on Washington

#15 Post by Windows on Washington »

pbiancardi wrote:Well until one of the dealers answers my simple question I have no reason to doubt Schuco.
I am not a dealer, however, their inability to ship parts, process orders properly, and deliver product when promised has more than frustrated their otherwise loyal dealers. I have heard countless stories of the same storyline and was sad to hear of their change in business direction.

BTW...the business is being sold and as far as I know, has yet to turn a profit since its inception in the states.