Thermal Line Windows - THV Compozit

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
nate

Thermal Line Windows - THV Compozit

#1 Post by nate »

Does anyone have experience with or knowledge of Thermal Line Windows THV Compozit Window - tlwindows.com

They have a triple glazed LowE2/Clear/LowE2 that appears to be very well made and specs are some of the best I've seen.

U-Value = .12
R- Value = 8.03
SHGC = .35

I'm currently considering a bid to replace 14 windows and a sliding door. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nate

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

First... come back with their correct performance numbers... then we will talk. If they gave you these numbers... they lied... and you have the honesty question answered already. See... progress!!!!

windowmann2000

#3 Post by windowmann2000 »

Your numbers do seem to be incorrect some where. I still have their sample from the early 2000's. The window looks like cellular PVC similar to the Kolbe & Kolbe that was around for a while. We seriously looked at them and almost went aboard but found something closer to home that was an equal for less money. My sample has Swiggle and that was the straw for us. In all other respects we liked the product which at the time had some outstanding numbers. The minuses for us were they were pretty pushy and I don't like companies that use fuel savings pledges to hawk their wares. Their out of North Dakota and at the time we talked to them they wanted to charge us freight which is usually absorbed by the mfrg's, so we passed. It's a very nice window with good energy numbers with the down side of Swiggle. The price as I recall was quite high so you might want to do a little more shopping.

RC

#4 Post by RC »

Those values are straight from the company website:

http://www.tlwindows.com/assets/THVComposit.pdf

FenEx

#5 Post by FenEx »

The company website is wrong and misleading. They are referring to center of glass (the warmest spot, about the size of a quarter), not the enitre window, and intentionally misleading consumers like Nate. Watch how quickly they change it. Check the NFRC. Everyone has a website, and can say whatever they wish... but it doesn't make it factual.

RC

#6 Post by RC »

Actually their website does say that it is center of glass and "computer simulated".

nate

#7 Post by nate »

Thanks for all the feedback. It doesn't appear to me that NFRC has the latest model listed but I agree the brochure is a little misleading by not showing overall window performance. For what it's worth here's the quote.
4 - 36x48 Double Hung
4 - 48x60 Double Hung
5 - 48x30 Slider
1 - 84x84 Picture - Tempered
1 - 5ft Sliding Door - Tempered
Total: $14,000

The other quote I have is from Thermal Industries for $11,400 which quoted dual pane, lowE with argon.

nate

#8 Post by nate »

Any recomendatations for windows / installers in St. Louis area?

Skydawggy.

Re: reply

#9 Post by Skydawggy. »

FenEx wrote:The company website is wrong and misleading. They are referring to center of glass (the warmest spot, about the size of a quarter), not the enitre window, and intentionally misleading consumers like Nate. Watch how quickly they change it. Check the NFRC. Everyone has a website, and can say whatever they wish... but it doesn't make it factual.
True. Did you check out the Energy Savings Guarantee?

It states the windows will pay for themselves in 8 years.

Lemme see here $14000/8 yrs=$1750 savings per year.

Wow!! Just by installing 12 windows and a 5' sliding door. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nate:

Assuming there's nothing unusual about the installation you should be able to do better IMO. If nothing else, buy from a company that doesn't BS you with phoney energy savings guarantees.

Some of the brands the pro's on here like are Milgard, Simonton, Gorell to name just a few. Google the names. All have dealer locaters to find someone in your area.

buddy

#10 Post by buddy »

RC wrote:Actually their website does say that it is center of glass and "computer simulated".
Ignore that. It's a marketing gimmick. What you need to know is the overall U value of the units

Portal Pro

Center of Glass

#11 Post by Portal Pro »

Center of Glass = All areas of an I.G. unit excluding that area which is
2-1/2" from the edge.

mstbone67a

Re: Thermal Line Windows - THV Compozit

#12 Post by mstbone67a »

ok so i am bringing up some info

looking at the same windows yet i asked rolox aka thermaline for the nfrc values

they gave me their disclosure that shows the energy star rating and their GREAT numbers

not sure how to attach it here

energy star ratings
u value for tripleglass / double / energy star
casement= .18 / .26 / .35
DH= .21 / .28 /
slider .21 / .28

SHGC .20 / .24 EXCEEDS
VT .36 / .40

Insulated Glass Pack
u value .12 / .26
r-value 8.03 / 3.85

Windows on Washington

#13 Post by Windows on Washington »

Nothing really great about a 0.21 U-factor in a triple pane. There are sever double pane manufacturers that are getting in that range.

Competitive triple numbers are in the low teen's now.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#14 Post by Window4U (IL) »

If you are comfortable buying windows from a company that has gone bankrupt twice in the last 10 years, then this may be the window for you.

mstbone67a

#15 Post by mstbone67a »

well it is locally called rolox here in the kansas city area. I had bought the triple panes before from them.
But I am having a soft lite? rep come out tomorrow night
Did thermalline buy out thv or the other way round?
THV THERMALine or ROLOX gave me a previous customer quote of
$581 any window.. and I was going to do 5 windows to lock the price in. So $2905 for the 5 35x64 windows.
So for 22x581=$12782.

I have 29 total
10-35x64 (bedrooms, attic) (2 w/grilles)-
2-35x70 living room-
1-half circle over 2-35x70 w/grilles-
1-48x49 big square fixed in bathroom-
2-31x34 small windows in closet w/grilles-
1 31x34 small window in kitchen-
2-22x70 dining room muttons-
1-34x70 dining room muttons-
1-24x50 small fixed over entry muttons-
1-34x70 entry w/grilles-
Plan to just replace the IGU's for the ones below and have had several quotes from local glass companies and it will be $1100
3-38x80 fixed kitchen-
4-38x22 fixed kitchen-