Good Housekeeping Warranty

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
JWS

Good Housekeeping Warranty

#1 Post by JWS »

Has anyone out there ever heard of anyone collecting on a window's Good Housekeeping Seal warranty?
The warranty states replacement or refund if defective. Just curious how strong of a warranty it is and if it is taken care of with minimal hassle or if it's basicly a worthless warranty with too many hoops to jump through to ever collect on it.

Skydawggy.

#2 Post by Skydawggy. »

I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Better to do your own research and find a good window, made by a manuf. known for quality products and CS and then have it installed by a reputable company than to rely on Good Housekeeping, Consumer Reports etc. as a panacea.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am with Sky and Window. You warranty with the manufacturer will always be superseding so don't bother hinging a decision on that seal.

JWS

#4 Post by JWS »

I am in the business so I wasn't hinging a buying decision on whether a window has the seal or not. I could care less if a window has it or not.
My question was if anyone had heard of anyone trying to cash in on the warranty because they felt like they got defective windows and couldn't get satisfaction from their dealer or the company that made them.
I've never heard of anyone trying, thus my question on the matter.

windowmann2000

#5 Post by windowmann2000 »

Did Schuco have the Good Housekeeping seal? That might put the seal to a test.

insiderinfo

#6 Post by insiderinfo »

Yes they did (or do) have the Good Housing keeping seal.

kingkyzr

Re: Good Housekeeping Warranty

#7 Post by kingkyzr »

Hello,

Just wanted to chime in. I did a search on good housekeeping warranty being useless because I knew someone would want to know or has at least had the same experience dealing with this company that I have. I came across this board wanted to get the word out on this place.

My issue was with a Panasonic microwave that was defective out of the box since day 1. I did not want to go through the manufacturer repair process as it is a roayal pain. So naturally I gave GH a call to hold them to their written warranty; money back or full replacement guarantee.

First of all, GOOD LUCK even finding a telephone number and once you do...no answer...research further you notice they have an e-mail address...oh great this will work just fine....1st email.....nothing....2nd e-mail.....thanks for contacting us........3rd email.....nothing......4th email, hello my name is Shaniqa H. Johnson, please send me receipt, date of purchase, fill out this form and then snail mail it to this address... OK FINE.. done...1.2.3 weeks a lady...NOTHING... Make complaint to FCC for false advertising get a call 4 days later.. Hello, my name is Sharron Cox, I recommend that you go through the manufacturer for repair...F*ck you lady... GH says they will replace it if defective and I have wasted over an hour with your ~ company.."Ok, well we need to have it inspected, here are 4 repair centers located outside of your county, once they deem it defective we may replace it..."

So, I am still in the process of getting it replaced or having my money refunded 6-months after the initial contact.. I will probably get it taken care of, but obviously GH intentionally steers people away from the warranty that they are so darn proud of.

Skydawggy.

Re: Good Housekeeping Warranty

#8 Post by Skydawggy. »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As I said previously, Consumer Reports, Consumers Guide, Good Houskeeping etc. are no panacea for doing your own research and making sure you are dealing with a reputable manufacturer and installer. Too many consumers read their advice of are taken in by phony warranty assurances only to be disappointed in the quality of the installation, which BTW these assurances and advice never take into consideration nor cover. All one has to do is read boards like this for a while to realize that the majority of bad experiences consumers ask about are related to a poor quality installation. I would even go so far as to suggest that some installation companies who have frequesnt quality issues, often hide behind the fascade of these consumer assurance type orginazations.