Window measuring

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
windowshopper

Window measuring

#1 Post by windowshopper »

One guy has the measuring tape at the bottom of the window in the middle and he holds the top of the tape over by where the inside window trim meets at an angle. In other words not in a straight line and that would add inches to the measuremment. Needless to say I was concerned about doing business with that company.

I have had several different people at my house for an estimate and all but one were experienced installers. Most of them sold a couple different brands and a couple of them sold three brands. Some did sell the same brands. 1 guy says that they would have to be installed from the outside the rest said inside. One says the outer sill on the upstairs windows is aluminum and that it could not be cut so he would have to remove interior trim and some other stuff. Nobody else mentioned that. One says they are not sure but it would probably require wood stops on the inside and nobody else mentioned that. I can!t understand why the method of install seems to vary depending on who you talk to.