Window estimates

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
windowshopper

Window estimates

#1 Post by windowshopper »

When you deal with a sizeable company and they send a salesman out to your house I am told they make about 10% of the total sale. In most cases they come out and give you a bunch of high pressure sales crap, some even border on being rude and you are going to pay them to give you grief.

On the other hand the small local guy comes out himself and you don!t put up with that crap but the downside is that if he goes out of business or retires your lifetime install guarantee is useless.

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

Believe it or not... there is a third option. There are sizeable, respectable companies that carry great products, offer great customer service and do not insult the industry or their clients with sales games. The key is... where to find them before the headaches and aggravation. As the industry demands it more and more each day, and through the posts of gentlemen like Windows4U and Guy... the public is becoming aware that they can have it all. Hang in there... changes are on the way.

FenEx

E-Z

#3 Post by E-Z »

Hey WindowShopper, I am one of the local guys you refer to on your posting. It is not easy to answer to people like you because you are right me for example have only been in business for 2 years. I have been doing this for 7 years so i am not new at this. I try to offer reputable windows to give the customer the confidence they need about their investment. No one wants to make the wrong decision.. myself included when it comes to home improvement. But i use the size of my company to my advantage in the sense that you'll get a personalized service from the sale which i do to the installation which i am a big part of. The biggest company is only as good as their installers. I make sure is done right and i welcome any building official to check that our work is done up and aboe industry standards. I cannot argue with zillion years in the business companies but give us small guys that are out there doing excellent work and who do it by the book a little respect. A major part of our "advertising" is satisfied customers so we strive to make you happy as our pockets are not as deep as your big companies... but our service and craftmanship is sometimes better than theirs.

E-z
www.eazywindows.com
E-z
E-z Windows