NFRC requirements in Wisconsin

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
insiderinfo

NFRC requirements in Wisconsin

#1 Post by insiderinfo »

Could anyone familiar with Wisconsin codes confirm what is required, regarding NFRC certification and labeling of replacement windows, for residential replacement in Wisconsin .I refer to U-value requirements and NFRC certification.

If a window manufacturer knowingly sold windows in Wisconsin on an ongoing basis that were not NFRC labeled or certified, would that be a problem?
I think it's a big problem, but I need some third party confirmation.

It's a very small company that I have not seen mentioned on the board before. I think the owner likes to save a dime or two when he can.....

Thanks in advance.

Oberon

#2 Post by Oberon »

NFRC is a voluntary industry association. NFRC labelling is a benefit to the consumer, but there is no governmental or code requirement that windows be labeled with an NFRC sticker.

windowmann2000

#3 Post by windowmann2000 »

I can think of quite a few windows sold in Wisconsin that either don't currently or never had a NFRC label. Oberon is correct, you don't have to have one or Energy Star compliance. The exceptions would be when dealing with some form of loan or project that had the State or Feds involved and than a different set of rules may apply.