CertainTeed Window quote

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Jo Ann

CertainTeed Window quote

#1 Post by Jo Ann »

I have received a decent price quote for installation of CertainTeed Windows. I do not know much about windows and only hear that Anderson are the best. Are CertainTeed good, bad? Does anyone have them currently in their home?

Windows on Washington

Re: CertainTeed Window quote

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would never recommend someone getting only one quote on a project. I also think that you would be well served to snoop around this board a good bit to attempt to educate yourself somewhat prior to the next estimate you get.

Certainteed, much like Andersen, is a good window but not the "best" by any stretch.

Jo Ann

#3 Post by Jo Ann »

OK - so what would you consider the "best" by far?

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am not sure there would be a "best" window. Probably as unlikely as saying one model of car was the "best".

What is most suitable for your home may make one window better for your home than another. You should probably list what your home's requirements are and what the climate is where you home in order to more appropriately make your material selection.

Jo Ann

#5 Post by Jo Ann »

Can I ask you to direct me better? I live in PA - about 20 mintues west of Philadelphia. We get hot humid summers and the winters lately haven't been that cold. Our house is a cape cod and have the original windows from when it was built about 50 or 60 years ago. I am looking for a good quality window. I want normal double hungs with grids on the inside. The quote I received for the CertainTeed have low E argon filled sashes, whatever that means. and are vinyl welded insulated glass.

I have another company (Anderson) coming out next week to give me a quote on their windows. any advice would be great ly appreciated!!!!