How is it that Schuco isn't better known?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Mark

How is it that Schuco isn't better known?

#1 Post by Mark »

After finding this website (thanks Tim), and after reading about 10 gazillion posts, I inferred that Schuco windows are head and shoulders better than any other vinyl replacement window. Admitedly this impression came from the postings of a few pros here, some of who have ties to Schuco. Anyway, I have the impression that Schuco is the best by far.

In looking for replacement windows for my house, I might have talked to 10-12 different window dealers. And, except for the local Schuco dealer, not one of them has even heard of Schuco.

Now I know that a dealer would be most familiar with the brand(s) they carry. But all the dealers seem to know Gorell, Alside, Simonton, Pella, Anderson even when they don't carry that brand.

So how is it that Schuco, supposedly the best vinyl replacement window, is not know by anyone (except people associated with Schuco)? Is it that they are too new to the US, that they are too new to the south, that they don't advertise in the right magazines, that their website is crummy, that they have exclusive installers, that they have poor marketing, that their sales volume is low, that they don't advertise? There must be some reason why.

Thank you.

FenEx

Schuco

#2 Post by FenEx »

You hit a few of the reasons on the head. Schuco is very well known in dozens of other countries but has only been in the states for about 6 years. They also do not (as of yet) do direct advertising so the dealers do their own. As I understand it, this is to keep costs down. Name recognition takes awhile with any product. Oh, LOL... and they are working on the crummy website.

Randy

#3 Post by Randy »

Most, if not all, of the windows you listed, are sold to any contractor who wants to purchase them in a given market - no exclusive territories. There could be six different companies all selling the same brand of window in one city. Obviously this would make for more market awareness. Sales reps from these window manufacturers are constantly calling on contractors and presenting their products.

Schuco has exclusive territories and if your city already has a Schuco distributor, the Schuco sales reps would not be calling on his competitors, and so they would not be familiar with Schuco. If they were to bid against the Schuco window, and become curious enough to call Schuco, they would be told that there was already a dealer/distributor in their area.

I have been in this business for over 13 years now, and until 5 months ago, had never heard of Schuco. Once I was able to look at the products, and take one apart, I quickly became a dealer/distributor. It really is a terrific window.