Park Avenue Windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
mustang35thann

Park Avenue Windows

#1 Post by mustang35thann »

Who has installed these windows? How do you like them? Were they worth the price? I've been quoted $11,500 (I do the install) for 10 windows and a Patio door. Some of my windows were going from two side x sides to a large slider (5 of these). I know they have the utility reduction guarantee. The windows we are replacing are Anderson wood frame double pane that are about 25 years old and are falling apart. Any input will help.

BTW, the quote was for their E3 Max glass, triple pane, Krypton Gas, and their invisa-screen.

Thanks in advance.

Windows on Washington

Re: Park Avenue Windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

800-900 an opening...no, they are not worth it.

mustang35thann

#3 Post by mustang35thann »

Is that based on opinion or experience?what would you recommend?

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Both.

If that is your budget for a vinyl insert replacement, pick any brand.

You can get a triple pane krypton window from any of the top manufactures for that kind of money and less. Soft-Lite, Sunrise, Simonton, Okna, Gorell, etc.

Marvin Infinity for fiberglass.

buddy11

#5 Post by buddy11 »

Infinity would be more in my area. TI makes a good window, albeit not to attractive. They also make a good patio door. I have 6 in my sunroom. Krypton gas is expensive stuff these days. You might be able to save a few bucks by goin to an Argon, Krypton mix.

Good luck

TLHWINDOW

#6 Post by TLHWINDOW »

WAIT WAIT WAIT! You do the INSTALL? Tell me were you live. I will load up and deliver windows to your front door and hold them in place for you while you secure them (the least I can do).

mustang35thann

#7 Post by mustang35thann »

My Father-in-law is a contractor. It saved me around $1500 on the price if I install them.

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

The Park Ave is a nice window...I don't think that they offer it with anything but the E3 krypton package... The price seems a tad high, but it also depends on options as well as the circumstances of the installation. If you are getting a woodgrain, grids, and need some trim work, I wouldn't say that price is out of line at all. The thing that really jacks it up is the krypton though as Buddy mentioned. It is expensive stuff.

HomeSealed

#9 Post by HomeSealed »

Whoa! I retract my previous statement. If that price is for the windows only (no install), that is insane! :shock:

buddy11

#10 Post by buddy11 »

LOL
Nice Father in law :mrgreen: :lol:

luebcke9

#11 Post by luebcke9 »

I have Park Avenue windows installed in my house, I have payed 11,500.00 for them and they are junk. I live in the country and surrounded by open fields so its windy here. The windows leak air like crazy, so I called to have them looked at and the tech, told me that there is nothing he can do. The windows are rated for 25 MPH winds. The tech told me that these windows are better for the city than the country. The sad thing is, is that the Park Avenue windows are sappose to be the best windows around......Really?

luebcke9

#12 Post by luebcke9 »

HomeSealed wrote:The Park Ave is a nice window...I don't think that they offer it with anything but the E3 krypton package... The price seems a tad high, but it also depends on options as well as the circumstances of the installation. If you are getting a woodgrain, grids, and need some trim work, I wouldn't say that price is out of line at all. The thing that really jacks it up is the krypton though as Buddy mentioned. It is expensive stuff.

They are junk, I have Park Avenue windows and they leak air like crazy.

luebcke9

#13 Post by luebcke9 »

mustang35thann wrote:Who has installed these windows? How do you like them? Were they worth the price? I've been quoted $11,500 (I do the install) for 10 windows and a Patio door. Some of my windows were going from two side x sides to a large slider (5 of these). I know they have the utility reduction guarantee. The windows we are replacing are Anderson wood frame double pane that are about 25 years old and are falling apart. Any input will help.

BTW, the quote was for their E3 Max glass, triple pane, Krypton Gas, and their invisa-screen.

Thanks in advance.
You don't want them, I have nothing but problems with mine.

HomeSealed

#14 Post by HomeSealed »

Sorry to hear about your experience Luebke. Just to clarify, neither myself nor any of the other contributors stated that it was a top performer, particularly in the area of air infiltration, but it is rated/tested to much higher winds than 25mph. In my opinion, I'd say that the window is not much better and not much worse than mid-grade overall -solid- although they do load it up with bells and whistles and typically try to get a premium price.
While that is not a resounding endorsement, you may want to have someone else out to look at the windows to make sure that they truly are installed correctly. Poor installation is a leading cause of excessive air leakage.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#15 Post by masterext »

Park avenue is a pretty good mid grade window with bells and whistles. Their biggest flaw is the sill, its a " snap in sloped" and not a welded sloped sill. At least that im aware of.
I think you are being a bit overzealous in making 3 different posts based on your experience. One post would have been suffice. Some may view your post's as being suspect.
As my friend alluded to, have another pro examine the installation.