H window vs Gorell vs Weathershield

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
toddinmn

Re: H window vs Gorell vs Weathershield

#16 Post by toddinmn »

What about the 28th story and above?

buddy11

#17 Post by buddy11 »

JScott wrote:The standard Gayko window has to pass RAL certification. I seriously doubt that the H passes RAL as 99% of US windows do not. Basically this standard residential window model MD90 surpasses all AAMA test guidelines. Triple pane with argon Uw value is 0.12/0.13. Using standard hardware the Gayko(pronounced guy-co), or Gayko-Weber as distributed in the US can be used up to 100 meters or basically 27 stories. Oh, and Ted, it is plastic. http://www.gayko.de

The standard dual pane with argon Uw= 0.22

It is currently being marketed to larger projects where over 60 units or more are needed to dispurse shipping costs to a reasonable level. Ted, there is no window in north or south America that compares so please be careful when stating plastic windows are not used in high rise. The little brother to the MD90 is the MD70 which is used as a lower priced residential window in Germany but cannot achieve the R-8 insulation. Why would the developers of vinyl and of most energy efficient construction products such as Sipps, EIFS, ICF, solar, etc... not have a window that conformed to there engineering heritage?

One of the OKNA companies in Poland meet the RAL standards so even though I have never seen the OKNA products discussed on the board here I understand the engineering behind BMW and many other Euro products keeps me in awe and makes me feel at times as our windows are more fitted for third world counties like the silverline, alside, etc...

Oh, and Ted, STC of 48 is not a problem and it takes over an hour to break through the frame/sash. Plastic in high rises, not a problem.

The technology Weathershield uses for the ZoE glass is German technology licensed to the Shield Family Brands- 3/4" dual pane glass with or without argon is an R5 in the ZoE 5 extreme releasing the 24th of Feb.

Looks like the H window is pretty dated technology. Does it come with wooden wheels.

:mrgreen:

Well then... That settles that :mrgreen:

JScott

#18 Post by JScott »

Enhanced hardware is then required.

TedK

#19 Post by TedK »

Hi all. I'm on the road or would have gotten back to you sooner. I actually tried to post something, but perhaps I've been banned from this forum (for sounding like a salesman) since it didn't show up. First of all, the only reason I posted anything on this discussion board was that someone wanted a comparison between H Window and two other companies, and no one here was familiar with H Window. That surprised me. I was attempting to explain the reason for the difference in costs. By the way, if I sound like a salesman, it's because I've been one for most of my life, and it's hard not to praise a product that I value and lives up to very high standards in the industry.

I AM a rep for H Window. Our window and door design (from Norway) has been manufactured in the US for almost twenty-five years. We are the window of choice for over 42 university and school districts. Almost all our projects for these schools and public buildings involve architects comparing our window versus our competitors and recommending ours. By the way, most of our projects are in the mild climates of the upper Midwest (North and South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan).

Almost all of the projects we have done over the last twenty-five years are still operating just fine with little or no upkeep. The exteriors of our windows are almost the same and the wood interiors continue to look great. How many plastic windows, or any other windows for that matter, can make that claim?

The main reason there is a "replacement window" industry is that glass has evolved over the last thirty years. Since the H Window is dry glazed, the glass in our window can be upgraded cheaply and easily without replacing the frame.

How many replacement windows being installed today will be considered outdated just ten years from now and end up in a land fill? Almost all window companies use the glass as a structural component and use a wet glaze. Since all our windows are dry glazed, this means we don’t have to use the glass for structural integrity. It is just an insert. This is one of the big assets of an H widow. Glass is always evolving. So, when a better, higer performing glass becomes available, all the H Windows can be upgraded simply by changing the glazing.

That being said, thanks for the info about the Gayko window. Is it or any other window you mentioned being manufactured in the US?

JScott

#20 Post by JScott »

Thanks Ted that clarifies alot. I see so many folks, sales folk, that get on here and say this or that and many of us know the obvious and feel just as you do. Gayko is made in Germany.

Have a nice weekend.

:mrgreen: