Lost business with lead law

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
TLHWINDOW

Re: Lost business with lead law

#16 Post by TLHWINDOW »

buddy11 wrote:
Skydawggy wrote:The fines have been suspended until the end of Sept. so you have to make your own decisions as to whether to charge extra and do it in compliance with the RRP and lose business or to ignore the RRP for now since there really isn't a penalty to pay and gain the business. All I'm going to say for now. We should probably move this to the Contractors Board.

Sky,
That depends on how you read or interperate the ruling. It says they can't use the $2,000,000 to levy fines. Nowhere does it say they can't use "other funds" to do the same.

But it means that contractors will try and skirt it. Heck, I was in a home last week and Home Depot was there before me. I asked if they had talked about the new lead laws, he nope, didnt' mention a thing about them!

buddy11

#17 Post by buddy11 »

TLHWINDOW wrote:
buddy11 wrote:
Skydawggy wrote:The fines have been suspended until the end of Sept. so you have to make your own decisions as to whether to charge extra and do it in compliance with the RRP and lose business or to ignore the RRP for now since there really isn't a penalty to pay and gain the business. All I'm going to say for now. We should probably move this to the Contractors Board.

Sky,
That depends on how you read or interperate the ruling. It says they can't use the $2,000,000 to levy fines. Nowhere does it say they can't use "other funds" to do the same.

But it means that contractors will try and skirt it. Heck, I was in a home last week and Home Depot was there before me. I asked if they had talked about the new lead laws, he nope, didnt' mention a thing about them!
To be frank I think the majority will ignore this. Further I'm willing to bet there will never be a fine levied in a single family residence. This is a BS feel good law, just like the asbestos was, with respect to residential homes

Windows on Washington

#18 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

We followed up a big box store that did not mention anything either.

toddinmn

#19 Post by toddinmn »

I personally do not know any contractors who are not following the rules.I do know quite a few who are just not doing RRP which I think has helped me.Most owners I have dealt with already know about the rule.How much has your insurance gone up?

Skydawggy.

#20 Post by Skydawggy. »

This is not the place to discuss insurance. Please log on to the Contractor Board if you want to discuss business.

toddinmn

#21 Post by toddinmn »

You should have have posted your reply there if that's the case.

Skydawggy.

#22 Post by Skydawggy. »

Yeah, whatever. You win! :roll: