Sierra Pacific

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
ERB

Sierra Pacific

#1 Post by ERB »

We are debating between Sierra Pacific and Pella windows for our new home. I can only find limited information on Sierra Pacific including several comments on problems with customer service. I don't want to chose the larger company for the wrong reasons. Anyone have insight or references? Thx

Windows on Washington

Re: Sierra Pacific

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Where are you located? That will help narrow the scope of the contractors that now your product.

ERB

#3 Post by ERB »

Denver

jsk

#4 Post by jsk »

don't get Sierra Pacific. Their warrenty is terrible. 25% of my windows have failed in 9 years and though it's not fault, they want to charge over $500 to replace 4 small windows, a couple just 24 x 30. they are providing glass since they are still under warrenty but are charging trip fees, and install, and they are just 60 miles away from me. I'm 60 miles away from Portland, Oregon. Jeff, the customer service manager isn't very "service" oriented.

more info in another post from me:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4870&p=30656#p30656

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

jsk wrote:don't get Sierra Pacific. Their warrenty is terrible. 25% of my windows have failed in 9 years and though it's not fault, they want to charge over $500 to replace 4 small windows, a couple just 24 x 30. they are providing glass since they are still under warrenty but are charging trip fees, and install, and they are just 60 miles away from me. I'm 60 miles away from Portland, Oregon. Jeff, the customer service manager isn't very "service" oriented.

more info in another post from me:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4870&p=30656#p30656
When you bought the windows 9 years ago did the warranty say they would pay for labor, ...or just parts? From your repeat negative postings I'm guessing they must have told you labor to install warranty glass was included since you are doing your best to slam them.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#6 Post by Window4U (IL) »

This is their warranty prior to 2006:
http://www.sierrapacificwindows.com/pdf ... _Prior.pdf

This is their warranty after 2006:
http://www.sierrapacificwindows.com/pdf ... 060401.pdf

Both warranties carry a two year labor warranty to fix bad glass. After that you must arrange for installation on your dime.