Tectview AC or EX from Burris Windows in Carrolton, TX

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
gotigers

Tectview AC or EX from Burris Windows in Carrolton, TX

#1 Post by gotigers »

Does anyone out there have any knowledge about the Tectview vinyl windows made by Burris Windows in Texas? I'm in Louisiana and got a quote for them. They're good-looking and seem sturdy, but they are relatively new (2 years old or so). I was told Burris Windows used to be a manufacturing facility for Certainteed before starting to manufacture their own line. I was also told the Tectview line is comparable to the Certainteed Bryn Wahr line. I'm nervous about making the investment with such limited information. Anyone out there know anything about them? Thanks in advance

Skydawggy.

Re: Tectview AC or EX from Burris Windows in Carrolton, TX

#2 Post by Skydawggy. »

If it's comparable to the Certainteed Bryn Mawr then it's not a very good window.

Randy

#3 Post by Randy »

Burris & Associates' new Tectview window is a low-end product with an extremely weak warranty. I'd avoid it.

If you're looking for a decent budget window, NT out of Ft. Worth might be a good option, and Simonton should be available in your area as well.

gotigers

#4 Post by gotigers »

thank you for the responses. Much appreciated.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

FYI, that product is also known as Xact, MI 1650, and Cutting edge. You'd be wise to steer clear if you are looking for a high quality product... I'd heed Randy's advice as he is well respected in your region.

StefanieDawn

#6 Post by StefanieDawn »

Hi Randy from Houston! Just out of curiosity, where does your extensive knowledge on the Tectview window made by Burris Windows come from? I'm afraid the information you have provided is inaccurate. Not only are these some of the best rated windows on the market, the lifetime warranty on the Tectview EX and the 20 year warranty on the AC are two of the best warranties out there.

Gotigers~ be careful and proceed with caution before taking the advice you receive through these posts, as the person giving the advice may not be fully knowledgeable on the information they are delivering or may have something to gain by misleading you!! Knowledge is the best way to make a well informed decision, and I am sure you can get more information from the manufacturer or through other consumers who have purchased the windows. Good luck in your window search!

Skydawggy.

#7 Post by Skydawggy. »

<Leans back in chair and puts feet up> Who's got the Popcorn? :lol: :lol:

Randy

#8 Post by Randy »

Well, hello StephanieDawn from.........wherever you are.
Not only are these some of the best rated windows on the market
Explain "best rated". Best rated according to whom? Is this your opinion or is there actually something you can provide to back this up? What are the DP & AL ratings on a 36 x 60 double hung?
the lifetime warranty on the Tectview EX and the 20 year warranty on the AC are two of the best warranties out there
Seriously? You think these are "two of the best" warranties "out there". Perhaps you haven't heard, but manufacturers like Simonton, Soft-lite, Sunrise, Okna, Gorell, Great Lakes, NT, PGT, Anlin, etc..... are all allowing the warranty to transfer to the next homeowner, and covering the glass for more than 20 years - all without so much as mentioning a possible "inspection fee", which is really designed to keep homeowners from filing a claim in the first place.

I like Rob, and wish him well with his new Tectview line, but I will not recommend the window.

WINDOWGUY666

#9 Post by WINDOWGUY666 »

I have been selling Burris Windows since 2013. They use the Cardinal IG's in both models, the EX and AC Techview. Cardinal warranties the IG for 20 years against seal failures and defects. Burris has spent a lot of money on testing these models to meet stringent TDI/Windstorm Design Pressure ratings and offer Non Impact as well as Impact Rated Storm Windows for the Gulf Coast of Texas. The EX model is considered a Light Commercial Window, while the AC has a narrow 2 1/4" wide frame for customers who want as much glass in an opening without much frame showing. Burris also does something that is getting hard to find in this industry... a full service department that actually comes out and replaces the defective part, not just sending the part out for the customer to install.

TheWindowNerd

#10 Post by TheWindowNerd »

666, there are many people that sell junk for decades, not saying it is you but you have little credit here.
Randy on the other hand has stellar cred.
Hang around, up your game, and you will be welcomed.

theWindowNerd.com

toddinmn

#11 Post by toddinmn »

Specialize in Windows from hell?

TheWindowNerd

#12 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Maybe fire doors.