Advice in KY

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
serilium

Advice in KY

#1 Post by serilium »

Hi all, i've been researching and reading posts here for about a week. We have just started getting estimates on replacing our windows. We currently have 9 Sing Hung Single Pane Windows and 1 large picture window with two small single hung single pane windows in our house. We are thinking to replace the picture window with a 3 lite slider. It is a brick veneer sided ranch style house, pretty standard nothing really special. I am looking for recommendations for a decent mid grade window.

Most of the companies in my area are installing Alside Excallibur one or two have their own custom model from Alside, but I'm not comfortable with the reviews I've read on Angie's list and here for these windows. We did get one pretty good quote for the Seabrooke double pane with their Maxxus glass package from Great Lakes (total job cost of around 6500). No grids or custom glass.

I've found one Gorell dealer around here and they are coming next week for an estimate.

I tried to contact Sunrise Windows and couldn't get a local dealer. There is also a local window company (Rogers) that a rep is coming out to quote us on.

Do you guys have any other brands that you could recommend that I look for, that might be available in this area?

Skydawggy.

Re: Advice in KY

#2 Post by Skydawggy. »

You can usually find Simonton in many parts of the country. Have you tried finding a Softlite dealer?

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

The Great Lakes and Gorell are both good choices. As mentioned, Softlite would be another to check out, along with Okna if it is available in your area.

serilium

#4 Post by serilium »

According to softlite's website the nearest is over 120 miles away. no luck on the Okna here either. Simonton, I can only get from Home Depot and their reviews for installations are not good around here.

anyone else have ideas?

Skydawggy.

#5 Post by Skydawggy. »

Why not just start calling dealers in the area and just ask them what brands they carry. You could always ask if they carry or can get some of the brands you want to see. Sometimes you have to work backwards. Seabrooke and Gorell would both be decent choices if it comes down to those two.

JScott

#6 Post by JScott »

Unfortunately Soft-lite does not list all of their dealers and Gorell uses hard pressure guys here in KY. Rogers is considered junk. Call Soft-lite and ask them if there are any other companies in your area. I believe a Louisville company has installed Soft-lites in Louisville and Lexington but I did not see them on the Soft-lite dealer site either.