Soft Lite Quote

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Bhuggins

Soft Lite Quote

#1 Post by Bhuggins »

Just got my 1st window quote. 20 Double Hung Soft Lite Imperial LS, 36 x 60, triple Pane Ultimate Glass Package. Wood grain inside, custom color out. Grids in 8 of them, $794 a window. Is that high, low, AVG? 2nd guy coming out tomorrow. Just curious. Thanks for the help.
Last edited by Bhuggins on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Soft Lite Quote

#2 Post by masterext »

about average, maybe a tad on the high side but nothing crazy. also depends on where you are located.

Bhuggins

#3 Post by Bhuggins »

Sorry, located in Columbus, Ohio.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

What color inside and out? Grids? Lead-safe procedures? Any woodwork?
Those will have a major effect on how good the price is... If woodgrain interior with a custom color exterior, grids, and lead-safe, then that is probably a really good price. If white on white with no grids or lead-safe, then it's high imo, but not grossly so.... The best way to compare pricing is simply to get a few quotes. Just make sure that the other companies are selling an high-end product like Gorell, Sunrise, or Okna, --with similar options--to get an accurate comparison. And btw, I'm not trying to give you the "run-around", its just that different markets have different price thresholds on the same products. I'm not intimately familiar with the Columbus market, but from what I've seen and heard from other posters, I'd say that my above comments should be right on.

Bhuggins

#5 Post by Bhuggins »

Updated original post with more information.

toddinmn

#6 Post by toddinmn »

More details on install are still needed or like Homesealed said get more quotes .

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

With those options i'd say that price is pretty good. I am very much ANTI $1000 windows (or anything even close to it), but with all of those options, there really is no way to keep the price down regardless of the install.

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

HomeSealed wrote:With those options i'd say that price is pretty good. I am very much ANTI $1000 windows (or anything even close to it), but with all of those options, there really is no way to keep the price down regardless of the install.
+1

That is a pretty well optioned out window and a good one at that. Laminate interior, triple pane, and custom color are all premium upgrades that are going to be expensive.

That price sounds fair if not pretty aggressive (in a good way for you).

TheWindowNerd

#9 Post by TheWindowNerd »

+2
that is a great price