Don Young Company Windows out of Dallas

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
rcosmo

Don Young Company Windows out of Dallas

#1 Post by rcosmo »

I am looking to replace all windows in home. Does anyone have any insight they can share on Don Young windows?

Windows on Washington

Re: Don Young Company Windows out of Dallas

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Paging Randy from Houston Texas...

Randy will have pretty kind things to say about them but I will reserve feedback for him seeing as he knows the product backwards and forwards.

Randy

#3 Post by Randy »

Don Young's thermally-broken aluminum windows are exceptional, particularly the single hung. The vinyl windows are very average, with many better choices available in DFW.

I'm happy to answer any questions I can. If I don't know the answer, I'll get it for you.

rcosmo

#4 Post by rcosmo »

Gentlemen, thank you very much for the quick replies. It seems the budget never allows, but would I be better served by also looking into Simonton or Sunrise options? I don't know that these are in my budget as I just started looking, but I have one DYC window that is the thermally-broken aluminum in my home installed ~2 yrs ago and it is great.

I plan on being in the home another 7-10 years. My home currently has original aluminum builder grade windows installed when the house was built in 2002 and they are a pathetic excuse for windows. It takes a "persuader" and hammer to get them closed and the vinyl housing around the windows are already warped allowing in cold (and hot) air and some precipitation. I am in Frisco, TX.

Randy

#5 Post by Randy »

Sure, take a look at Sunrise and Simonton and Soft-lite. Just make sure that the Simonton window is only bid with the optional sash reinforcement, since without it your windows are likely to sag in the summer heat.

If your windows are large (48 x 72 or bigger) thermally-broken aluminum should also be in the mix, since they hold up well in the extreme heat.

rcosmo

#6 Post by rcosmo »

If I go with DYC, I will invest in the thermally-broken aluminum single hung windows. Do you have any comments on whether to go with aluminum vs vinyl with other makes (e.g. Sunrise, Simonton, or other recommended brands), especially with being in the DFW extremes of weather? Again, I only plan to be in the home another 10yrs max but would hate to have the next owner have to replace windows shortly after moving in. Thanks again for your help.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

If you are out of the DFW area, you would be well advised to talk with Randy.

He serves that area and has the best of each of the different materials out there available as and offering.

Randy

#8 Post by Randy »

If you have large windows, I'd recommend DY tba wholeheartedly. If your windows are not larger than 36 x 72, I'd consider Soft-lite and Sunrise. Simonton makes a good product, but in Texas they're sold through wholesalers to every contractor with a pick-up truck, leaving homeowners vulnerable to unethical and/or financially unstable contractors.

rcosmo

#9 Post by rcosmo »

Sounds good. Randy, if you know of a seasoned/proficient installer of DYC windows in the north Dallas area, that contact would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I will get quoted and go with luck of the draw through DYC recs.

Randy

#10 Post by Randy »

There's a regular pro here (Anthony) who covers the DFW area. He's a true professional, and he can get the Don Young tba window. Here's a thread he's active on, and there's a "get a quote" button under his name that will get you to him.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4588&start=15

TheWindowNerd

#11 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Thank you Randy.
Also serving the Dallas area is Randy, you can click his get a quote button also.
For now please only click on one of us.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#12 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Randy wrote:There's a regular pro here (Anthony) who covers the DFW area. He's a true professional, and he can get the Don Young tba window. Here's a thread he's active on, and there's a "get a quote" button under his name that will get you to him.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4588&start=15
anthony wrote:Thank you Randy.
Also serving the Dallas area is Randy, you can click his get a quote button also.

:lol: You guys are so sweet to each other. Too bad he can't hire both of you.

rcosmo

#13 Post by rcosmo »

I apologize for my ignorance Randy. WoW was saying it all along throughout the thread. I am obviously new to this site. Given that your location is Houston, I did not realize you would service the north Dallas area. Thanks again for your time and expertise.

Randy

#14 Post by Randy »

No problem, happy to help. :D

Windows on Washington

#15 Post by Windows on Washington »

anthony wrote:Thank you Randy.
Wayne...I always forget you are in the DFW for some reason.