Sunrise Verde or Restoration?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
krazyjmac

Sunrise Verde or Restoration?

#1 Post by krazyjmac »

Hello everyone, thanks for all the information - I learned a lot on these boards!!! Tonight I would like to know if anyone has experience with two lines of Sunrise windows available in my area. We are upgrading the upstairs, 8 builder grade windows with Vinyl Double Hung.

I've seen the Verde window and the salesman told me the hardware is different and the Restoration has fiber reinforced sashes but the rest should be the same - the Verde also includes Solar Clean glass and Solar 12 Low-E by default he said. Both lines carry a lifetime manufacturing warranty so I'm not sure if the lack of reinforced sash matters, we do not care about the hardware - Verde's hardware is fine with us. The Solar Clean coating is nothing we looked for, but we can think of no reasons to avoid it.

The Restoration has Omega-12, salesman says it's the same as Solar 12, but no Solar Clean - we feel this explains most of the price difference.

We think we want the Verde because we trust that dealer more, but feel the other "could be slimeball" would do the job right. And I decided to poll the audience if you will.

So, I would appreciate any and all opinions, specifically I wanted to ask:

1. Has anyone experienced either line, and would you buy that line again?
2. Does anyone have a reason to choose based on a reinforced sash considering the warranty covers 100%?
3. Would anyone avoid the Solar Clean feature?
4. We are replacing 8 windows, would you consider the following prices to be fair for five 36x60 grids in three, one 48x48 obscured/tempered, two windows with grids in a 72x72 opening with bottom sashes tempered:
Verde $5086, Restoration $4526?

Thanks very much for your time and any feedback!
Jason