And I thought the Hurricanes were bad

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Marie

And I thought the Hurricanes were bad

#1 Post by Marie »

We finally have our power and water back on and are luckier then many of our neighbors who have lost everything. I thought I would revisit this site more for a moral booster as it was for the most part people helping people without a reason such as the awful devistation I have seen caused by Hurricanes Frances and Jeannie in my little town of Fort Pierce Fl and surrounding communities. Seems there was quite a storm on this board and I hope it will pass soon.

Although the following is somewhat off topic, this is directed to the pros on the board. Many families here have damaged roofs and windows. I have called 39 roofers (my old windows are intact and replacement is on hold) and have gotten responses back from 3.

One appointment for a estimate in 3 weeks

One company wants $195 prepaid to come and do the
estimate (2-3 weeks after receipt of certified check

One company will come in 2 days to rip off the roof,
give an estimate, and then apply for a building
permit with 50% down (I love this one)

Are any of the pros intersted in bringing roofing/window crews to Florida? The state will allow outside qualified contractors. I can put up 10-12 people in my home, now that my Alzheimer Assisted Living Facility is closed. Although my roof is damaged it is not leaking YET. There are so many families in the same situation as I am in and in need of honest reputable contractors. I would be happy to set up apppointments for estimates etc. as I am sure there would be a minimum number of jobs to make it worth while to come here.

Marie

PS Tim - I am still waiting for my Free Insider's Guide to Replacement Windows

Win-admin
Board Administrator

HI Marie

#2 Post by Win-admin »

Dear Marie,

The Insiders Guide is available to all those who filled out a "Request a Quote Form." The Guide ends up being available at the end of the quote submit as a downloadable PDF.

You had filled out the form on August 10th so we will email you the guide; sorry you missed the download after you submitted your "Request for quote"

- Win Admin