Help with Window choice

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
bro

Help with Window choice

#1 Post by bro »

I am torn on three different windows and I would appreciate any insight.

Option 1: Affinity elite
Option 2: Okna 500
Option 3: Okna 800

The elites are the cheapest by 500, with 500 between the Oknas as well. I am replacing 14 windows in a row house with all the windows on the front and back of the house. This makes me think that air infiltration would be one of my bigger issues, but I have no scientific proof for that. My current windows are terribly leaky, but they are builder grade and horribly installed so there could be no correlation.

Thanks,
Brian

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Help with Window choice

#2 Post by masterext »

The okna 800 will be the most air tight followed by the okna 500 and finally the affinity.

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

I wouldn't base the decision upon just the $500 difference between those three windows. Masterext and myself both carry those lines along with some of the other forum Pros, thus we know the ins and outs of these different series. I like the OKNA 800 the best, followed closely by the 500. However, the Energex Elite is no slouch especially pertaining to air leakage. It's interlocking meeting rails are some of the tightest in the indusrty. The OKNA products are more refined, and OKNA has been around a lot longer that the Energex series by various manufacturers.

I think that side by side the exterior frame profile of the OKNA 800/500 is much more attractive than that of the Energex. OKNA's screens are pretty nice too.

I'd base my decision more so on the installation and your dealer's reputation/credentials. I pretty sure that you would love all three of those series, especially compared to builders grade junk.

Good Luck.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

DMs post is right on and about as objective as you will hear.
You will not make a mistake with the 800 or 500.
Me I like the handles on the 800.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

If I were replacing my windows once (which you will be in this case as those are all very nice choices), I would pull the trigger on the nicest window that I can get.

I would opt for the 800, personally but I would contend that you can't go wrong with any of them.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. For what is a fairly small price difference given the scope of the project and the amount of time that they will be in service, I'd go with the 800. The 500 is also very nice is you are just going with white locks and handles anyway.

bro

#7 Post by bro »

All are from the same contractor, so installation being equal, 500 extra is worth it if I was leaning towards the Okna 500s?

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

The affinity elite is a nice unit, but no question that the okna is worth the premium.