Vytex Fortis or Okna Insul-tec Deluxe

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
mkauffman426

Vytex Fortis or Okna Insul-tec Deluxe

#1 Post by mkauffman426 »

Hi,
I am replacing 13 windows in my house in Baltimore. 11 double hung and 2 casement. I am thinking about the Fortis or the Okna insultec deluxe. The Fortis quote was $7000 and the Okna $7700. I'm also slightly considering window world's series 6000. But the reviews here make me think I should run from the window world windows (Alside).
The Okna's appear to be more energy efficient according to the numbers in the catalogs the Okna and Fortis reps. gave me. Any opinions on these quotes or either window? Does anyone know of any advantages particular to either the Vytek Fortis or Okna deluxe? I am somewhat leaning toward the Fortis but only because it is easier to open and has a sleeker appearance inside (less vinyl). The Okna rep told me that the Fortis opened and closed easier because it is not as tight of a window (less weatherstripping) and this would cause energy loss. He also told me that the constant force balance system is less dependable than okna's corded balance system. Any thoughts? Would love ANY input! Thanks. Melissa