Vanguard price and substituting some sliders for double hung

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
wingal

Vanguard price and substituting some sliders for double hung

#1 Post by wingal »

I started a new thread, because the subject of Marvin windows was no longer accurate. I'm in the Denver metro area in a house we plan to stay in forever.

I just had the Vanguard dealer out. Here's what what he came up with:

For 11 double hung windows, 1 top half circle, and 1 picture with wood grain color inside, royal brown exterior, the Latitude Glass S2000x package, optiview screens (standard on the Vanguard) - $14,090. How does that sound as a price, installed?

Also, in two places where we have double hung windows now, I'm thinking of substituting sliders. For one, instead of three double hung windows, it would be a 3 lite slider in a 1/3-1/3-1/3 configuration because of egress requirements. This is a north facing window in my office and gets a fair amount of wind.

The other would be in the kitchen where there are two small double hung windows on the sides that we'd leave as is, but the two larger double hungs in the middle we'd change to a 2 lite slider. If we do both of these slider substitutions, we'd save $2,000.

My question is, on the Vanguard, is the air infiltration difference of .04 for a double hung and .09 for a tilt-in slider going to be noticeable to us? Would we sacrifice anything noticeable for the savings?

Thanks for any advice. I think we're going to go with these windows, but just these last few items.