Brand recommendation

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Stevefromla

Brand recommendation

#1 Post by Stevefromla »

I have met with every window company in my area. I wanted soft lite gorell, but they want $20,000 for them! The salesman was horrible, rude, and I just wanted to kick him off my property.
All other quotes were $6,000 to $7000 area.

Which brand below to you recommend over the others for the most reliable, warranty, energy efficiency?

Ply gem
Jelwen
Maritech
Alliance Hawthorne

I also just found Hurd brand but I'm awaiting the quote.

Windows on Washington

Re: Brand recommendation

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Steve,

Where are you located? Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater in this case.

I am not a fan of any of the other windows that you posted up in your list and if you didn't like that Soft-Lite salesperson, look for another vendor and see if you can get a more positive experience.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

Agree, i would not recommend any if the other brands. Look for another soft lite dealer.

Stevefromla

#4 Post by Stevefromla »

I spoke with soft lite and we do not have a soft lite dealer in our state. Recommendations?

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Kensington Quantum 2, Home Guard Innovations, Sunrise Vanguard/Restorations

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Stevefromla wrote:I spoke with soft lite and we do not have a soft lite dealer in our state. Recommendations?
Didn't you say in the first post that you had a quote from them? I understand that it was the Gorell line, but I usually see them go hand in hand as far as location being that it is teh same company coming out of the same factories. Does the "LA" in you moniker refer to Louisiana? PGT is a well regarded down in that area if so.

Stevefromla

#7 Post by Stevefromla »

I had a quote for sunrise essentials and their upgraded version, but they had no name for the other higher end model, but that it was their Cadillac line with their ultra U plus 12 glass and max edge spacer.

How can I find out which line standard, verde, vanguard, or restorations it is? Also would 12k be in line for 15 double hung windows, no wood grain, or upgraded hardware be around pricing of others?

Stevefromla

#8 Post by Stevefromla »

Windows on Washington wrote:Kensington Quantum 2, Home Guard Innovations, Sunrise Vanguard/Restorations
I contacted Kensington and home guard and there were no dealers in my state.

bgbrock

#9 Post by bgbrock »

Steve - Did you check out Anlin? They have a plant in Fresno, and it is a well regarded window.

Stevefromla

#10 Post by Stevefromla »

I'll check into them. Any feedback on the sunrise quote above or tips to check which line the higher version is with the u plus 12 glass? It seems from a lot of posts sunrise dealers aren't familiar with the names of the other lines in some regions.

bgbrock

#11 Post by bgbrock »

Steve - There is a LOT of confusion to the consumer (as I am) when it comes to the Sunrise brand. One dealership may only carry the "Sunrise" label, where as another dealer, who may be only miles away from that dealer, will have the Vanguard or Restorations offering. You really have to scratch and dig on your own to get the information - Sunrise Home Office (Temperance MI) may not offer up this information. I tried!!

In terms of the Ultra U Plus glass - I know for a fact that is available in the "Sunrise" series - not certain about the Sunrise Essentials. What isn't included in this series is the looks and the reinforcing members (sash reinforcement), along with other upgraded features, that you would find in the Vanguard or Restoration series.

One last thing - unless you are flipping this house, you do not want the Essentials from Sunrise. This series is of their lowest quality.

Hope this helps.

Stevefromla

#12 Post by Stevefromla »

Thanks. I've eliminated the essentials line. I'm mainly curious on their premium model, what model it actually is, and if the pricing is average. The nfrc sticker said, "frame: vinyl extruded with foam fill. Glad: dual glaze, ultra u+Plus 12. I factor =.30 , sghc = .19 , vt = .44 , air leakage .1

HomeSealed

#13 Post by HomeSealed »

Sunrise brands their window lines individually. They are kind of like GM, where Caddillac, Buick, and Chevy would correspond to Restorations, Vanguard, and Sunrise (base). You wouldn't find a "GM" dealer that carries all three, and you would not likely find a Sunrise dealer that carries the three.... The comparison is not EXACT, but you get the idea. This is in contrast to other manufacturers that simply offer a "good, better, best " version of their single brand... The Restorations and Vanguard are very good, and what I'd shoot for.

Stevefromla

#14 Post by Stevefromla »

Thanks. I pulled up restorations and there isn't a dealer in my state either.

Sounds like sunrise model (non-essentials) is the better window. Is 12k for 15 windows a good price? Also anyone know if you can add reinforcement on standard sunrise?

bgbrock

#15 Post by bgbrock »

Brandon - Great analogy!

The unfortunate part for Sunrise - they are placing limitations on their dealers.

It would be the same if one Soft Lite dealer could only sell the Barrington, Bainbridge or Classic series of windows, but you had to find another Soft Lite dealer if you wanted the Pro, Imperial, or Elements series.

All around poor Marketing strategy by Sunrise.