Restoration Window quote

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
JasonMI

Restoration Window quote

#1 Post by JasonMI »

We are looking to have 15 double hung windows and 1 door wall replaced.
Restoration Windows by Sunrise.

1st Quote
15-Windows
1- Door Wall-Blinds Inside the window
White on White Flat Grids on top sash only
Ultra U VSS Insulated Glass System

$12712.00 total

If I sign today they will add the Contour Grids ($180) and Tripple Glaze AR90 Glass ($940.00) for no additional cost.

2nd Quote
15-Windows
1-Door Wall
White on White Flat Grids on top sash only
Ultras U VSS Insulated Glass system

$11,385.00

There would be an additional ($225.00) for Contour Grids and ($450.00) for blinds inside the slider

$1206.00 total without the triple glaze included in the first quote if I sign today.

Are these good prices or should I continue to shop around. The only other window I like is the Innovation windows by Home Guard. Thanks for your help.

HomeSealed

Re: Restoration Window quote

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

That is good pricing on a very good window Jason. I've seen those sold for twice that amount, never much cheaper... Seems like with the discounts the pricing is competitive, I'd pick the installation company that you feel more comfortable with. The Innovations is a good window as well, but it seems like you are leaning toward the Restorations.

JasonMI

#3 Post by JasonMI »

Thanks HomeSealed!

I looked into the Innovation windows as well. I had a dealer come out today and he was only here 15 minutes. He told me that he was not comfortable doing the job. He told me he didn't like the way the builder put the windows in and it was beyond his pay grade. After a couple phone calls I found out the real problem. I am on a corner lot and they don't want to pull a permit because they feel my city is too strict. If I were off the beaten path then it wouldn't have been a problem. I tried calling Home Guard and they gave me a few numbers to find another dealer. The numbers given to me were either disconnected or they no longer sell Home Guard. I called the regional sales mgr and he never called back. Just those issues alone have left a sour taste for Home Guard. I like the fact that Sunrise is manufactured twenty miles from my home and they seem to have an excellent product.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Sunrise is a solid window.

I wouldn't hold the lack of a call back just yet against Home Guard. They are in the midst of some re-staffing and it is Easter Week.

Can't go wrong with either so you are in a win-win.

JasonMI

#5 Post by JasonMI »

We have changed a few things from the first quote.

15 Double hung windows 6/1 with Simulated Divided Light panes on top sash.
1 Doorwall with Blinds inside the glass
Ultra U VSS Insulated Glass System

$12,000.00

Does this sound like a good price? I like the divided look of the windows, I just hope I am not making a mistake by getting them. They just look so much better than the contoured grids.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

With SDLs....very good. :D

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

+1, the sdl grids are very pricey and have a very rich look. Just be sure to consider ease of cleaning as well, as those grids make that process a bit more tedious.

Randy

#8 Post by Randy »

That is a good price and a great look as well. While the SDLs do make cleaning a bit tougher, they provide a richer appearance that GBGs can't duplicate.