Yup---another window thread! Okna 500 vs Softlite Pro/LS

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
border411

Yup---another window thread! Okna 500 vs Softlite Pro/LS

#1 Post by border411 »

Let me start off that I have a huge headache shopping for new replacement windows. I live in Northern VA, and have had 8 people (yes, I research everything to death!) come in to give me quotes for new windows. I have narrowed it down to 2 installers, both of whom I feel very comfortable with. My neighbor actually just had her windows replaced with Softlite windows from one of the companies I had it narrowed down to, so that was convenient to see how they do the installations. They did a great job and I was impressed on how clean they were.

So.....installer #1 quoted me the following for a total of 26 windows, including a large halfmoon and the work to make a small oval into a double hung ($750):
---Softlite Imperial LS $15,994 (including the carpentry work)
---Softlite Pro $14,977 (including the carpentry work)

Installer #2 will do the framing work for free and for the same windows quoted me $16,344 for Okna 500 series. This installer also said that they would/could get to the nailing fins of the original windows and put in "new install" Okna's so that they could really seal the seems against air infiltration.

All of the windows include lifetime warranties with glass breakage protection. I am sort of leaning towards the Oknas. Are there *Noticeable* energy savings from one model to another? I get so confused with all the stats like VT, DP values, etc! All of the windows aesthetically passed the "wife approval" test.

Thank you all so much for even looking at this thread. I value all of your opinions.