Inline fiberglass

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
riverlee

Inline fiberglass

#1 Post by riverlee »

I have read some posts on this forum about Inline, but had never heard of them before. I am looking for some new windows for my house in PA, as I had posted here already, but I am also building a house in Idaho next year and looking for windows for that. i need to decide on the PA windows soon but have time for the others.
I am trying not to spend more than I have to in PA to get good windows, and i am close to deciding on buying Polaris for those, but I ended up getting a quote from Inline for both jobs- I was surprised that they were not more expensive. i have some larger mulled units in both houses and i also am not crazy about the look of vinyl, or the size of the frames especially where they are mulled together. i just don't know anything about Inline and am therefore hesitant, and then what about Fibertec? are they better than Inline? i just came across that name in a post here as well and am looking at their website now.
Thanks for any help!

TheWindowNerd

Re: Inline fiberglass

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I am an InLine dealer, so that is my disclaimer.
I think the InLine windows can be a great choice. Besides the 3000 color choices the units do not have the high gloss of vinyl.
There are plusses and minuses with every selection.
Based on cost and performance I would have to give the nod to high performance vinyl.
Next I would choose fiberglass weighting more of the looks with out giving up the performance or durability. You will pay more for the fiberglass than the vinyl.
Just my basic thoughts about it.

theWindowNerd.c..

riverlee

#3 Post by riverlee »

Thank you for the response.
regarding high performance vinyl having the edge in performance, how is that? with my limited understanding of vinyl and fiberglass windows, it seems to me that fiberglass would be better suited for larger windows because of strength and the fact that it is not affected by the heat like vinyl.
and where do Polaris fall into the equation, since I am pretty sure they are not quite high performance.
what about the Inline (or Fibertec) compared to Pella fiberglass? are Pellas just not good in general?
Thanks again.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

Pella make a very flimsy/ poorly designed fiberglass window, Inline is much better.
Did you try getting in contact with Anthony? You can click on his name.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

riverlee wrote:Thank you for the response.
regarding high performance vinyl having the edge in performance, how is that? with my limited understanding of vinyl and fiberglass windows, it seems to me that fiberglass would be better suited for larger windows because of strength and the fact that it is not affected by the heat like vinyl.
and where do Polaris fall into the equation, since I am pretty sure they are not quite high performance.
what about the Inline (or Fibertec) compared to Pella fiberglass? are Pellas just not good in general?
Thanks again.
The thing to remember here, is that the properties inherent to the base material may not have much relevance to a given application. For instance, a 10' lineal of solid vinyl will be no where near as rigid as the same length and thickness of fg, however when you take those materials and engineer a product (in this case a residential window assembly) and exploit the postive attributes of the material while mitigating the weaknesses, you can have a finished product with a much different outcome. I'd cite design pressure rating which primarily measure deflection as an example, where a well designed and built vinyl window can meet and beat many fg products.
Regarding Polaris, their Energy Wall and Ultra weld products are pretty well made. Slightly bulky perhaps, but they are very solid performers. An air infiltration rating of .01cfm is as good as it gets.
In FG, the Canadian units (Inline, Fibertec) will outperform their domestic counterparts (Pella and Marvin).

riverlee

#6 Post by riverlee »

masterext wrote:Pella make a very flimsy/ poorly designed fiberglass window, Inline is much better.
Did you try getting in contact with Anthony? You can click on his name.
thank you, that's what I figured but good to know.
no I did not try to contact Anthony. do you mean for purchasing windows or just more info? he is definitely out of my area for purchasing.

riverlee

#7 Post by riverlee »

[]
The thing to remember here, is that the properties inherent to the base material may not have much relevance to a given application. For instance, a 10' lineal of solid vinyl will be no where near as rigid as the same length and thickness of fg, however when you take those materials and engineer a product (in this case a residential window assembly) and exploit the postive attributes of the material while mitigating the weaknesses, you can have a finished product with a much different outcome. I'd cite design pressure rating which primarily measure deflection as an example, where a well designed and built vinyl window can meet and beat many fg products.
Regarding Polaris, their Energy Wall and Ultra weld products are pretty well made. Slightly bulky perhaps, but they are very solid performers. An air infiltration rating of .01cfm is as good as it gets.
In FG, the Canadian units (Inline, Fibertec) will outperform their domestic counterparts (Pella and Marvin).[/quote]

I appreciate the information.
I think I will order the Polaris for my current home and look further into Inline and Fibertec for Idaho. I have time to figure out the Idaho windows so I am hoping to be able to go see the Inline and Fibertec to feel more comfortable with what I decide.
Thanks for the help.

TheWindowNerd

#8 Post by TheWindowNerd »

More than likely I can get Okna vinyl to you anywhere in Pa, 800DX has a .01 AI, U.26 in DP and U.20 in TP.

I can also get the InLine windows to you anywhere this side of the Rockies. Please keep in mind that it will take TEN weeks to get the windows from the time you order, them Canadians built great windows but do not move real fast.

What is your PA zipcode?

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

Somebody is up early...!!!

:D :D :D

riverlee

#10 Post by riverlee »

thanks Anthony, i would have looked into you getting Okna if i had known that earlier. i ended up ordering the Ultrawelds for my house here in PA. now i have to figure out what to use in Idaho, which is unfortunately just the other side of the Rockies ..but it's a good thing i have plenty of time for the ten weeks if i go with Canadian fiberglass :)