North Texas Windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
planoken

North Texas Windows

#1 Post by planoken »

Does anyone here have any experience with NT Windows located in North Texas? Amongst other lines, they manufacture an exclusive line of vinyl windows called Traditions Windows for a local installer. The windows seem to be made just as well as a much higher priced line from Champion. Both virgin vinyl, both 12 layer low e double pane glass. Traditions has the Super spacer and the Champion has a Warm Edge Spacer. We have had 4 installers out so far, all quoting vinyl windows. They all say they have the best warranty and the best installers. It seems like the differentiating factor is price and some minor aesthetics of each vendors window. The highest price so far has been almost 4X the lowest price. Right now we are leaning towards the vendor with the NT Windows because it seems to be the nicest looking windows for the least cost. The installer also has an extremely good reputation according to Angies List, the BBB and other reviewers. I was really just wondering if anyone here had any experience with them and could justify why Champion asks over 2X the price for what seems like the same window.

Windows on Washington

Re: North Texas Windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Paging Ultra Windows...Come in Ultra Windows.

Randy will be here shortly as he knows that brand you are referring to like the back of his hand.

Randy

#3 Post by Randy »

NT is the better option without a doubt. The Traditions is basically the Presidential with a couple of minor changes - different lock and detailed molding on the sash around the perimeter of the glass. The company that has the Traditions line in DFW is reputable and solid. Champion is an overpriced for what they offer.

Your instincts are right, good job on doing your due diligence.

planoken

#4 Post by planoken »

Thanks so much for the feedback on this topic. I have one additional question.

Should I pay extra for the foam insulated frame or is a hollow frame sufficient for the north Texas climate? I have not had the quote changed yet but I think the extra for the insulated frame is only about 10%. Our salesman said that it is not worth the extra money. The marketing brochures describe the insulation as an "additional comfort option" and "insulation to greatly increase insulating values." The problem is there is no chart or information about R value with and without the insulation so I have no idea what is meant by "greatly increase." Actually there is an R value listed of 7.14 with the insulation but not without.

What is your opinion of the insulated vinyl frame vs the hollow frame?

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Foam filled frames if cheap enough are great, but it looks like you are getting hammered in the pricing for it so I would suggest NO.
Also it appears the marketing is not objective about the total unit R value with vs with/o. Yellow flag.

Randy

#6 Post by Randy »

I do not recommend upgrading to the interior foam inserts, save the money.

velar

#7 Post by velar »

planoken...I'm looking at the NT Windows as well and I'm curious who you are using as your installer. I was referred to Window Expo from NT Windows website.

planoken

#8 Post by planoken »

Brennan Enterprises.

As Randy stated above, Brennan offers a version of the Presidential window from NT Window called the Traditions. I do not know if you can get that version from other installers and I honestly do not know the difference between the Presidential and the Traditions. I can tell you the Traditions comes with auto locking latches instead of the little handle you have to swing over to lock and it is contoured to look as if it was wood cut with a router bit. It looks very nice compared to some of the much more expensive options from other manufacturers we looked at.

We have not had the installation done yet as Brennan just came out this week for the real measurements. I will post back here after the installation with our impressions.

planoken

#9 Post by planoken »

Sorry for the delay but I wanted to wait until the job was complete before updating. Bottom line up front is that we are very satisfied customers and can highly recommend both the manufacturer and especially the installer.

The installation began in early November. The installers did an outstanding job. I was there for the first couple windows and could tell right away we had picked the right company. The guys doing the install genuinely seemed to enjoy what they were doing and when they ran into problems is when they had the most fun. They were clean, efficient, and professional.

When they left there was a problem with one window. The glass was cracked but not bad enough that they did not install it. They immediately reported the broken window and said the manufacturer would start building the replacement glass. Even though Brennan had just installed 26 windows in our house, they told me I didn't owe them a dime until the install was complete and we were satisfied. Wow! Since it was right before Christmas and because of scheduling issues, the replacement did not get installed until last week(mid January)

The quality of the installed windows is outstanding and the installer was a welcome joy to work with. I will have no problem recommending Brennan to anyone thinking about replacement windows.

Randy

#10 Post by Randy »

Thanks for the update, it's good to hear that your job went so well. Doing your due diligence pays off in the end.

Windows on Washington

#11 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Thanks for the update. Its nice to see the follow up and happy customer.

Happy Sunday folks.