Fogging between glass panes

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
tduffett60

Fogging between glass panes

#1 Post by tduffett60 »

We had Imperial windows installed in our home about twenty years ago. Several of them seem to be clouding on the inside between the sheets of glass. My question is, is this repairable or is the only solution to replace the windows?

Windows on Washington

Re: Fogging between glass panes

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

It is repairable but most often times, when you reach the 20 year mark it makes more sense to replace the windows.

You mentioned Imperial windows. Is that the manufacturer or the model? Are they still under warranty? That would be best to figure out first.

tduffett60

#3 Post by tduffett60 »

The Imperial name is stamped on the window closer, I can only guess that this is the manufacture. There is no info on the installer so I doubt if there is any warranty. Thank you for your reply.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

The installer would have nothing to do with fogging between the panes of glass and he would have nothing to do whatsoever with any fogging.
The manufacturer is one that i never heard of and i doubt they are still in business . if they are, i highly doubt they would replace the window after 20 years.
Today, some of the higher end manufacturers offer much better warranties and actually honor them.
You can try contacting a window repair company or glazer, perhaps they can install new panes.
That said, at this juncture, it may make more sense to replace the whole window.

greg d

#5 Post by greg d »

Imperial is probably International Windows. They are still in business but have been purchased a few times and I know there is no warranty. If you are otherwise happy with the windows, you can have a local glass company replace the IG units.

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

get a price on replacing the IGU.
Then decide which path to choose.