replacement window question about OKNA/hi mark windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Balboa2151

replacement window question about OKNA/hi mark windows

#1 Post by Balboa2151 »

hello everyone......after doing hours and hours of research on which replacement window is best I've decided to go with hi mark replacement windows. I received a price of $2800 for the 800 series. 10 windows with lowE, foam filled jams and argon gas. is this a good price and should I even waste my time to get a price for the 500 series? also....am I making the correct choice going with hi mark? I was considering plygem and Simonton but from what I've read those two brands aren't half as good as hi mark. your help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

HomeSealed

Re: replacement window question about OKNA/hi mark windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Yes it is a great window, and regarding pricing, that is grossly underpriced. You are basically buying that at dealer wholesale cost. Not sure why someone would go through the trouble to sell at 0% markup, but I'd jump on that immediately before he goes out of business, lol.

Randy

#3 Post by Randy »

Great product with an even greater price.

Balboa2151

#4 Post by Balboa2151 »

Ha ha ha.....ok....thank you for your help

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

That's an amazing deal.

Balboa2151

#6 Post by Balboa2151 »

Everyone has me worried now.....too good to be true? I have the email with the quote....should I be worried?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#7 Post by masterext »

What state are you in? I would like to move to a state where someone is willing to lose money by selling me a product for less than what they paid for it. I am assuming you are in connecticut?

Balboa2151

#8 Post by Balboa2151 »

All I know is I received the quote in a email.... For all I know it could change when I actually order them???

HomeSealed

#9 Post by HomeSealed »

I would certainly be weary of additional fees or price changes.

Ultimately you are buying windows only, so it doesn't matter if this guy goes out of business. It will just be a little harder to get warranty parts... If this was an installed sale it would be a much different story.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#10 Post by masterext »

Balboa
The reason why i ask which state is because there may be a dealer with a bunch of extra windows that former customers decided they didnt need( still brand new and wrapped).
That may be why you are getting quoted that particular price. You dont need to name the dealer or town, just the state. Can you do that for us ?
Thanks balboa

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#11 Post by Window4U (IL) »

That email offering them for that is probably a sales tactic to get in the door. The real price is probably recalculated once installation, Low-E glass and other options are added in. You may end up with a more realistic price once they add in installation, etc.