looking for a reasonable and good Company

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
xrayerj

looking for a reasonable and good Company

#1 Post by xrayerj »

I am getting quotes from Lowe's and Home Depot on 14 replacement windows. Is it better to go with a large established company or could anyone suggest a reliable window company in the Louisville, KY 40219 area?

Randy

Re: looking for a reasonable and good Company

#2 Post by Randy »

Lowe's and Home Depot are staffed with employees who are paid the same hourly wage, whether your job goes well or not. I'd never recommend using them for home improvement projects as they are built around the DIY model, not professional remodeling.

I don't know a particular contractor to recommend, but you could check with Sunrise & Soft-lite on dealers in your area.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Randy is dead on.

America's Windows sells a nice window down there.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Greg the owner at Americas Windows is a great guy. Check them out.

xrayerj

#5 Post by xrayerj »

I found a company in southern Indiana that has fantastic reviews called Window Wise. I was really impressed with the sample window. Looks great and they only sell one kind, no good, better, best stuff! I liked that. Appears they stand behind their product and they have their own installers, not contracted out! oh and they came in at 500 less total, aprox $340 per window all in! ill let you know the results! wish me luck!

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Not to rain on your parade, but $340 "all-in" is not likely to yield very good results. Simply put, a quality product and installation from a reputable company will cost much more than that... In fact, wholesale cost on a good window and normal installation will be more than that.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#7 Post by masterext »

Whenever i see a window installed for $350, i already know the unsuspecting homeowner will be doing his job twice and paying double. I always hear the same thing; " friends or neighbors have used them and they are very happy" . Thats basically a mindset that a customer adopts when deep down they know they are making a poor decision. If you think about it, why would one company be able to just use their magic wand and obtain windows so much cheaper than much larger companies that do more business?? The only way is to buy cheaper/ low quality windows. By the way, it looks like that company may use alside.

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

I agree with the two previous posters.

I am sure they exist, but I have yet to see a truly quality product that is installable and serviceable (after the fact) at that number. Just doesn't exist.