Provia Windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
zoedog77

Provia Windows

#1 Post by zoedog77 »

Has anyone had any experience with the Provia vinyl windows?

Windows on Washington

Re: Provia Windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Haven't seen them personally. They make a darn nice door though.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Solid company, great door as WoW said.

The past vinyl window that they offered was fine, nothing special IMO. Their new offering appears to be an upgrade, however it is brand new so hard to say since there is no history. IE: will any of the design or construction methods used prove to be an issue down the road? ... I will say that it does look pretty good and has decent numbers.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

I should be able to have a review within a couple of weeks as my ProVia rep is going to bring it by the shop one day soon. He stopped by one of our job sites several weeks ago, however he only had door stuff with him. My Lansing Building Products rep has one too, but had he had it in his vehicle and wasn't at the office last week when I stopped in.

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

I was able to examine a hand sample the other day in basic white in the form of a double hung unit. It's pretty nice and would fall into upper end category for vinyl. ProVia is utilizing a compound tension (block and tackle) balance system. Tolerances are very tight with virtually no sash slop from the sashes to master frames when locks are engaged.

This unit if very similar to what Affinity Windows Inc is manufacturing. The extrusion manufacturer is the same but it's a different series of extrusion, however it looks almost identical to the AWI Energex. The accessory groove appears to be larger in dimension which is advantageous for exterior stop removal type of installs with capping.

ProVia has had the sash and head optioned for an "anti-drift" top sash seal to the head cavity which is nice. Color of the white unit is a non-gloss sort of linen white which is attractive. Air and performance numbers are all good. My only knock is the visual jamb snap in sash stops to protect the locks and limit sash travel as they look dated. Balance covers should be higher quality too, but they do the job.

All in all it appears to be a solid window and upgrade over the old line that it replaced. I don't think the unit is as nice and sexy as the OKNA 800/500, Soft-Lite Elements/LS or upper Sunrise series.

Brewster

#6 Post by Brewster »

Seems like a pretty solid offering but everyone would need to see it in person and find out how tight the tolerances are.