Alside Mezzo, Soft-Lite Pro and Soft-Lite Imperial LS

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
juventussoccr

Alside Mezzo, Soft-Lite Pro and Soft-Lite Imperial LS

#1 Post by juventussoccr »

I got three different quotes for 9 double hung replacement vinyl windows.

Alside Mezzo for 4230

Soft-Lite Pro for 4554

Soft-Lite Imperial LS for 5256

Which would you go with and why?

Also, this is not our forever home. Probably staying here for another 5-7 years.

Delaware Mike

Re: Alside Mezzo, Soft-Lite Pro and Soft-Lite Imperial LS

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

I would not consider the Mezzo. Very weak frame, bad design, loose tolerances. I like the LS and have installed thousands of them. That's a completely different platform than the Pro other than the glass and a much newer design that features tighter tolerances and triple weatherstripping contract of the sashes to the Pro's 2-point.

The Pro is still a very solid window and will feature a little more glass. If the windows aren't all that large in terms of double-hung design, the Pro will serve you well. On larger or wider units the LS has less chance of any potential horizontal sash bowing due to it's more robust sash design and reinforcement.

Best of luck.

juventussoccr

#3 Post by juventussoccr »

For the price difference between the Pro and Imperial LS, would you definitely pick the LS each time? Thanks for responding!

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Personally I'd choose the LS everytime for the cost difference that is not huge. Is the Pro a bad window? No. Is the delta between the LS and Pro greater than the ratings suggest? I'd say yes, given the fact that Softlite replaced the Pro with the LS/Elements and spent a boatload of money on R&D, tooling, etc etc. It's a much better window IMO. Keep in mind also the whole "best laid plans..." thing regarding your time frame.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1 on that feedback.

The Imperial LS is a solid unit and definitely worth the premium over the Imperial Pro.

Randy

#6 Post by Randy »

Another vote for the LS. Works out to about $8.50 per month over 7 years for one of the top tier vinyl windows in the nation. Both Soft-lite windows are superior to the Alside Mezzo.