Seeking advice on 12 window vinyl replacement in Boston area

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
WindowNoob

Seeking advice on 12 window vinyl replacement in Boston area

#1 Post by WindowNoob »

First time home buyer of a home with original aluminum windows in dire need or replacement

I am finding that shopping for replacement windows is 20x worse than a new car

Budget is a concern and we probably will not be in the house for more than 10 years

10 standard windows
2 basement sliders

Quotes I have gotten thus far (from various Angieslist installers with good ratings)

$3600 United 4800 (which upon further review is a Lowe’s house brand at $200 per Window)

$4000 for Diamond 2000 (local company)

$4400 for Alside Fusion / $4800 for Alside Mezzo

$5400 for Harvey Classic

I probably did this bass ackwards by getting quotes first then researching the window afterwards but it seems like none of the above have glowing reviews.

Any of the “deals” above better than the others?

Is it possible to get a good window for $400/per or less in Greater Boston and if so can you point me in a direction?

Thanks in advance

Windows on Washington

Re: Seeking advice on 12 window vinyl replacement in Boston area

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Not a bunch of good information on the local window via their site.

The Harvey Classic is probably the nicest one of that bunch if you ask me.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

WindowNoob wrote:
Is it possible to get a good window for $400/per or less in Greater Boston and if so can you point me in a direction?

Thanks in advance
Decent window? Maybe. Would it come with a good installation and from a reputable company? Not likely.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

HomeSealed wrote:
WindowNoob wrote:
"Is it possible to get a good window for $400/per or less in Greater Boston and if so can you point me in a direction?

Thanks in advance
"

You can buy a decent window; just the window only for $400 ( maybe) but no way will you get a good window with an install for 400 bucks.
By the way, you werent really shown good quality windows. Harvey classic is maybe an average window on a good day but still nothing i would ever offer.
I strongly recommend increasing your budget and finding a solid vinyl window offering from a good installer.