NE Sash

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
mybaby2028

NE Sash

#1 Post by mybaby2028 »

Hi Cin,

The board:
I did see, on the old board, at least one or two people commenting on NE Sash aside from myself. I remember one (his name was either Mark or Michael) said he was very interested with Shucco but since NE Sash was his only choice locally and he was not impressed by them and felt they were unprofessional so he was looking elsewhere.

Here is my experience w/ NE Sash:
I didn't deal with anyone who's name begins with a Y.
I was interested in Shucco mainly to replace my two french doors and the two fixed glass panels on either side of them (an entire wall of glass). I also wanted to replace my 2 PW w/ casements and my bay also w/ casements with more efficient windows. My first priority was the doors but I also was interested in the PW and Bay as well as a price for the double hungs (which are fairly new but from before I bought the home).
The first appointment they didn't show up for. We called and complained so they set up a new appointment. They sent out the first rep named Sean. He didn't bring any info on doors so we couldn't even talk about it. He then measured one double hung (even though I have various sizes and he measured the largest), my PW, and the bays. As he measured, I discussed at length my expectations specifically the grids as they were a main concern. I was assured that the grids would be exactly as they are now (external) just in vinyl. He did the #s. . .I was impressed w/ the windows & happy I could get the external grids I wanted but. . .The #s were far beyond my expectations! He gave me their "if you sign now" you get a discount line and I wasn't going for it. . .I couldn't afford it. He then spent the next two hours trying to convince me, calling his "manager" on my phone, and working #s. I kept saying it was past out bedtime and how we get up at 4 am but he kept going. Finally, after 11 pm (after 6 hours with him) we got him to take no for an answer.
NE Sash called a few days later. . .We explained the price was more than we could afford and that our main interest, the doors, couldn't be addressed since the rep wasn't prepared. They asked if we'd be interested in having another rep, a "manager", come out and assured us he'd be prepared to discuss the doors. We did get the impression the first guy was inexperienced so we agreed.
The second rep was named Paul. One of the first things we talked about was the fact that Shucco doesn't offer french doors so unless we wanted to convert to a slider we couldn't go there. Since we were clear before we even had an appointment that our main goal was replacing our french doors, Way for NE Sash to communicate! The 2nd guy explained he was there to offer the double pane glass instead of the triple pane. We decided it was worth seeing the difference in #s. He measured and, again, I discussed @ length the grids I wanted (external) and was told they'd be a vinyl replica of what is there now. This time we got figures only for the PWs and Bay w/ external grids, capping, etc., on double pane. The number was a bit more digestible. . .He went for the if you sign today thing again and explained that the double panes wouldn't even be offered to new customers (trying to phase out) as of 7/31 (yet you ordered them recently ;-) - Fearing I would spend more if I decided later and knowing I was liked the window and I could get the external grids I wanted I went for the discount to sign then. While filling out the paperwork, we talked @ length with him and I asked many questions about the grids. Though I spent more than I wanted and expected, I felt confident that I was getting more efficient, better quality versions of the windows I have & this has been something I wanted since I bought my house. I was excited about them coming in. We were told someone would call to schedule a second, professional, measure in about a week.
Almost a month passed and no one called or came to measure. Since the windows we ordered supposedly couldn't be ordered after the end of the month, we called NE Sash to get them to send someone out to professionally measure. In the meantime, we contracted with another company to do my french doors. The wait time and installation was the same as NE Sash but our doors came in and were installed weeks prior to any news from NE Sash.
Finally, we got a call that our windows were ready and to set up the install - We set it up ASAP. However, when the men came to put in the windows my fiance saw the internal grids and freaked. He called me immediately knowing I wouldn't like them and said they looked cheap (and I am 100s times more anal then him). He called NE Sash and they said to go ahead and have the windows installed and they'd correct the grids later. Afterward, we got another call saying that Shucco doesn't even offer the grids we ordered! And, so the saga begins. . .
I spoke several times with the installation manager - He was a real jerk and would keep saying he'd call me back but never did. Trying to get someone else, I began calling NE Sash rather than waiting. . .I spoke several times the sales manager, the service (I think) manager, and eventually the VP @ NE Sash. I have done research, asked questions, and made many recommendations to the VP (whom I have been dealing with for some time). . .We still haven't reached a resolution as of yet.
Since I haven't finished dealing with NE Sash I can't say to much. I hope to work something out but who knows. My issues: lack of communication, some with poor profesionalism, the dealer/manufacturer triangle (which I thought I was avoiding by going with Shucco), slow response time in general, my install date was the last day they could get away with based on the contract, etc., etc. . .It is a difficult situation if you want Shucco in the NE area (I am South of Boston too), you have to go with NE Sash. But, not sure if I'd do business with them again. Of course, my experience could be the exception - who knows.

mybaby2028

Opps!

#2 Post by mybaby2028 »

Sorry - I meant to reply to Cin; This was not supossed to be a new topic.

rsb66

NE Sash

#3 Post by rsb66 »

I can attest to a poor initial opinion of NE Sash. I had initially set up an appointment to see the Shuco window offerred only by NE Sash. The first salesperson, Kim, showed up 25 minutes early. At that time I was entertaining another vendor (Newpro). My wife had met Kim in the driveway and had asked her to either wait or come back at her scheduled appointment time. She did neither and we didn't see hide or hair of her.

The next day I contacted the sales manager and explained my disgust for being disrespected like that. He was to get back with Kim and find out why she did what she did. Later that day, I was contacted by another manager from NE Sash and was told that Kim had said that she indeed showed us the Schuco windo but didn't get a chance to leave a quote... Now what's wrong with that picture?.... Anyway, I reconsidered and scheduled another appointment for the next morning.

The second Sales person, Yanni. Seemed more open and honest and didn't go into a legnthy presentation as I already did my homework many replacement windows. In the end, I decided to purchase 14 tripple pane double hungs, a patio slider and a Bay window for my home.

It is my belief that Shuco is the top of the line window with the best overall return of value. I have seen many windows in the last 2 weeks, from Champion, to Pela and Silverline to Newpro.

cin

#4 Post by cin »

Thanks for responding, baby. I am about to sign a new
contract with NE Sash for triple glass. Originally I rejected
their offer of 18,000 for 23 windows. We got the price down,
and I think we're going to do it. I talked to Michael Wells ....
is that who you've been dealing with? I am going to try to
e-mail you directly to ask a question.

Thanks!

cin

#5 Post by cin »

Hi again, baby. I just was wondering where you are from ....
I live in Hull, and ordered 23 triple glass windows. Originally
Yanni had sold us 23 DOUBLE, with a price way too high ...
but we spoke to Michael Wells from NE Sash, and he offered
to change it to triple. Is this the guy you spoke to from NE
Sash? Thanks!!!

mybaby2028

Good luck!

#6 Post by mybaby2028 »

Hi Cin,

Yes, in the end, the person I've been dealing with is Michael Wells.
The float glass will be nice for you and your location - Hope the salt residue comes off like the butter does.

I am from Brockton so not too far from you ;-)

cin

#7 Post by cin »

Baby, we decided we DIDN'T want to see the butter on the window demonstration. You know, after a while the presentation just gets
soooo long. Anyway, thanks for your info ... I appreciate it. I actually have quite a few friends down in Brockton! If you have any more interactions that you think I should know about regarding NE Sash, please post them under this thread. I'll check back every once in a while. Again, thanks!!!