Looking for two new basement windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
WoodenFrame

Looking for two new basement windows

#1 Post by WoodenFrame »

Hello everybody.

First off I'm so glad I found this forum. I own a house and now after a few years it's time to replace the windows in the basement. I'm not that kind of DIY-guy. That's why I registered here to get some advice.

I need to replace two small windows in the basement. Thanks to that forum and one of the previous threads, I found the Tundra Series 6400. Before that I was thinking about TAFCO.
So far I wasn't able to find a price for the Tundra Series. I was searching some websites for classified ads online and coming up with things like this here: http://www.for-sale.ie/ But unfortunately no match for the Tundra. So can anybody here tell how much I have to consider?

For the other ones I already have and offer. Its roughly about $600 to $650 per window. Is that a good price?

Every feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

WF.
Last edited by WoodenFrame on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Windows on Washington

Re: Looking for two new basement windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Where is the home and what type of operator are you talking about for the basement?

WoodenFrame

#3 Post by WoodenFrame »

Windows on Washington wrote:Where is the home and what type of operator are you talking about for the basement?
I'm from Arkansas. What do you mean by "type of operator"? I don't get that. The contractor?

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Operator = window type (double hung, slider, casement, awning, etc.)

In Arkansas, I would look for a Soft-Lite dealer. Soft-Lite, Sunrise, Kensington Quantum II, are all solid window suppliers. I don't think Okna is that far down in the US just yet.

WoodenFrame

#5 Post by WoodenFrame »

Ah I see. I was thinking about a Basement Hopper Window like the Tundra 6400. I'm sure I put some links up in my original thread. But somehow they are gone now.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Hopper is about as simple and usually at the lower price bracket when you look at the line up of operator types.

I would look for some of those other brands mentioned and see what you can come up with.

The forum automatically redacts links so that probably grabbed those you posted up.

WoodenFrame

#7 Post by WoodenFrame »

Alright. Thanks.