Schuco dealer in the Raleigh, NC area? Champion windows...

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
woga

Schuco dealer in the Raleigh, NC area? Champion windows...

#1 Post by woga »

Hi there,

I just started researching windows because I would like to replace all the windows in my house. I started reading this forum and found out that a lot of people like Schuco windows. Does anyone know if there is a Schuco dealer in the Raleigh, NC area?

This week I got a quote from Renewal by Andersen. On average they want $900 per window (all casement windows, installation included, lifetime warranty, fibrex material). I am also interested in Pella windows and that guy told me that Pella is having problems with their vinyl windows. He told me that the wood core is rotting in many windows. Has anyone else heard of this?

Also, someone just mentioned Champion windows to me. I really don't know much about them yet, except that they seem to be around in this area. I know this is a very general question, but any opinions on how these casement windows (Renewal by Andersen, Pella, Champion) compare in terms of quality, efficiency and price? I wanted to look the efficiency part up on www.nfrc.org, but their server seems to be down right now.

Thanks,
Wolfgang