Help identify window

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
natemiller82

Help identify window

#1 Post by natemiller82 »

I'm trying to find a replacement weatherstrip for my double-hung window (or possible repair). The tag inside the upper frame is: Image. There's another tag on the upper window: Image.

Here's a couple pictures of the hardware: Image Image.

Here's a picture of the broken weatherstrip: Image

Windows on Washington

Re: Help identify window

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Appears to be an Alside product to be honest and the 4000 series was an Excalibur if memory serves me.

natemiller82

#3 Post by natemiller82 »

Awesome! I'm going to try getting in touch with them. It looks like if it is Alside it may be under warranty as well

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

Im not so sure that is an alside product. Alside arent normally available in lumber yards. I would contact that lumber yard on the sticker and ask them what the 4000 series was.

natemiller82

#5 Post by natemiller82 »

Okay; I already sent Alside a message, so we'll see what they say.

Unfortunately the lumbar yard/hardware store listed on the label closed in 2011, so I'm out of luck barking up that tree.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1. That is usually the case on Alside via lumber yards.

Might want to check Jeld-Wen as they have a 4500 series indicated too.

Delaware Mike

#7 Post by Delaware Mike »

That's an Ideal window out of NJ. I've had to service that product before to match up partial jobs installed locally to my hometown. That particular series of vinyl doesn't seem to hold up very well to UV exposure. I actually installed about 20 of that series about 12-years ago and the windows look exactly like yours condition wise. In Delaware there was a window outlet called VinyTech that carried this window under a private label. They closed up too.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#8 Post by masterext »

If thats an Ideal window, they no longer make it. They dont offer a window that even looks like that. The OP can always call and ask if they made a budget window with that model number.

HomeSealed

#9 Post by HomeSealed »

If its just the seal that is the issue, it shouldn't be that hard to replace. You can source that cheaply from most window part/hardware outfits, you will just want to pay attention to how it is orientated, as there are various designs. Here's an example: https://www.swisco.com/discussions/Wind ... l-77-62365

Slightly off topic, but most building supply houses around here carry Alside/AMI, they just use one of the other brand names (Revere, Gentek, etc). Not to mention that the local Alside branded branch is a building supply house as well. Maybe it is different out East....