Finding Quality Installation

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
twc

Finding Quality Installation

#1 Post by twc »

After some research, I feel like there are several windows I could choose and be happy with the results.
After all, I'm replacing 25 year old builder grade windows.
Now I am thinking it really is all about installation.
A mid-grade window installed well beats a top-tier installed poorly...

Other than Angie's list, Yelp, BBB, what can I do to help ensure I get quality installation?
Any particular questions should I ask?
What should I look for as the job is in progress?

I'm thinking a smaller company with more invested in each job... installers with more experience.
I worry some of the bigger outfits have experienced installation leads, but the average guy could be new.

Windows on Washington

Re: Finding Quality Installation

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Friends, family, and neighbors should be asked.

The "small company" thing is flawed logic in my mind. Plenty of small shops are great installers, but there is also little to no recourse on your part. We have had to fix more than a handful of small shop installations (we aren't really a "big" one) because the guy turned off his phone and re-opened with a different name. Goodbye warranty and support.

twc

#3 Post by twc »

I was thinking smaller, but well established, certainly not someone without years of history.
Don't know if you all like discussing names, but as an example
Paul Henry Windows from Warrenton- family-owned and operated since 1990, a showroom you can go see...
versus
Window Universe, large and online focused. Still not quite sure where the install team comes from, do you get consistent installation or does it all depend on the luck of which team you get?

I suspect everyone will claim to be really good with installation?
That's why I was wondering if there was anything I could do/ask about the installation before I sign?
Or what should I look for as the job is in progress?

I understand absent knowing the the actual person doing the install, the answer may just be reviews, word of mouth and a leap of faith...

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

TWC, if they serve your area, you may have already found your solution. Windows in Washington is a top notch, family company with elite product offerings. No need to settle in any regard, Eric runs an excellent organization. I’d highly recommend having them take a look

twc

#5 Post by twc »

Windows on Washington comes out Wednesday afternoon.
I thought I should at least ask a smart question or two before I give them my money
:wink: