Milgard "Classic" Vinyl replacements. Any thought

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
rgf

Milgard "Classic" Vinyl replacements. Any thought

#1 Post by rgf »

I want to replace our 30-year old aluminum windows with vinyl. We are not the greatest at preventive maintenance and I don't think we could do wood justice.

We live in southern California with a temperate climate in between the beach and the desert. Low of 30 degrees (very rare) and a high of 100 (maybe 10 days a year).

I was wondering if anyone had anything good, or bad, to say about Milgard?

E-Z

#2 Post by E-Z »

I am a POLYBAU dealer so i'm a lil bias :lol: but seriously when i bought my house it came with Milgard Windows. So far we have not had one fail on us.
No doubt they put out a good product and their warranty is pretty good,

My only complaint is that they still use a full metal spacer sometimes like on their patio doors. Even though on everything else they use the intercept. I think they should update their vinyl line to bring it up to par a little bit more with everyone else.

Their fiberglass is beautiful though(expensive) but real good looking.
The classics are real good looking too but i just think of them as ok.
That is just my opinion.

E-z
E-z
E-z Windows

cabernet1988

milgard

#3 Post by cabernet1988 »

Hi,
I was wondering if you decided to purchase the Milgard Windows and if so, how do you like them?
I live very near the O/C and am looking at Magic Windows. Any comments on them?

Venomboy

#4 Post by Venomboy »

I'm more than likely going to get some Milgard Classics. I checked them out at a showroom and they feel very nice. I like the even sight line, unlike the Styleline series. Anderson is too expensive for me as well.

earwax

#5 Post by earwax »

Venomboy,

That is a good choice. Milgard is a nice window and the service is above average.

Venomboy

#6 Post by Venomboy »

I've had 2 contractors come by for estimates and they both told me the service by Milgard is excellent and they've never had problems with dealing with customer service people.