need help identifying patio siding door

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Pletsch

need help identifying patio siding door

#1 Post by Pletsch »

Hello. I'm trying to figure out what brand and model door I have to replace all the weather stripping and one of the door jamb covers that has peeled up. I have searched every inch of the door for any sort of marking to no avail. I attached some pictures that I hope will help identify it.
ImageImageImage

Windows on Washington

Re: need help identifying patio siding door

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Did you look inside the head jamb?

How about removing the panel to check on the top?

Pletsch

#3 Post by Pletsch »

Yes. I removed the door and the cover on the side of the door where the weather stripping id and checked every side. I even checked in between the panes of glass. It was difficult since it's a triple pane.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

I'm 90% sure that's a Sunrise sliding door. If you look towards the bottom edge of the glass it may have some etching that can help you. Paradigm out of Maine has a door that's appears to be from the same platform as what Sunrise utilizes but with different glass and some other differences, but similar.

Pletsch

#5 Post by Pletsch »

I forgot to upload this one. Here's what's in the glass.

Upon looking at sunrise doors, I think it is one. What are some good sites to find replacement parts besides going through a local dealer?

Last edited by Pletsch on Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

Looks like an older Sunrise model. The first generation units were glazed with PPG Intercept spacing in regard to the glass, then in like 2007? they switched over to Cardinal's XL Edge which is stainless steel and not tin plated like Intercept. XL Edge spacing is somewhat different looking in regards to it's shin than Intercept and it's what Marvin, Pella, and Andersen tend to utilize in their wood/clad products. Also, that brass handleset was the default bright brass finish at no up-charge back then. Any other finish was additional money. They didn't put their Sunrise logo or name on the glass back then either, now they do.

You may be able to call them and see if the address or former owner's name is registered with their warranty department. Their number is: 888-718-5005

Pletsch

#7 Post by Pletsch »

Ok. Thank you so much for your help!

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#8 Post by masterext »

Thats a nice door. Its probably a sunrise but could also be a soft lite.

HomeSealed

#9 Post by HomeSealed »

I agree that it looks like a Sunrise with that threshold and what looks like an interior glazing bead. A lot of Restorations dealers sell/sold them with triple pane and 4 point locks as well.... Is the screen hung from the top or does it have rollers on the bottom? If the former, that should confirm it. Good door, replacing the needed parts and making any necessary adjustment should get you back on track.

Pletsch

#10 Post by Pletsch »

It screws in at the top with 2 screws and has spring loaded rollers on bottom. It is a great door. Very solid and im sure expensive at the time.

uncle eddie

#11 Post by uncle eddie »

Looks like sunrise to me

Delaware Mike

#12 Post by Delaware Mike »

100% sure it's a Sunrise door. That multi-locking system is standard to the door build.