okna 600 eco pro v sunrise restorations

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
toddinmn

Re: okna 600 eco pro v sunrise restorations

#16 Post by toddinmn »

If I wanted to bash my competition , I’d bash Soft-Lite if I honestly could. I don’t come up against Sunris much here and zero Okna. Ok to be fair I could bash Soft-Lite to be fair I l’ll list there problems. More stress cracks than I think is normal, irradic delivery dates in slow times, high pricing into larger sizes and tempered glass. The stress cracks were always taken care of and rarely resurfaced, the other things. I just priced accordingly and planned and extra week for delivery during winter months. Don’t ever recall one bowed sill, sagging sash or separated lift rail but this is to be expected since it is not serving as a glazing bead.Im done , I need to reload on beer and smokes.

toddinmn

#17 Post by toddinmn »

Had to grab a beer. Forgot to add if your small potatoes (I only do roughly 8!jobs per month) Soft -Litr treats you like the small potato that I am. Sunrise has treated me pretty good with my lunettes experience with them. The company deal with now is golden, they treat me like a rock star , good pricing, I like there product and they have only missed 1 delivery date due to a snownami.All done. I need a refill.

Delaware Mike

#18 Post by Delaware Mike »

We field mechanics curse all window manufacturers from time to time. I'm not even sure a window engineer has ever installed a window?

toddinmn

#19 Post by toddinmn »

MA Sunrise engineer must have ,even some of the reps are adamant about screwing the sills down.

WindowsDirectCinci

#20 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

Yes I run 7 crews daily, not doing 20,000 windows though... I have never had a lift rail come off. And any sill crowning Has been to overfoaming during installation and easily corrected... I’ve looked at softlite, okna, starmark, and pretty much everymanufavturers out there and chose sunrise because I felt it’s the best in almost every aspect from glass, beauty, options to performance. And we all know that window is not cheap to the dealers. It’s probabky one of the more expensive ones out there. It just strikes a nerve when I constantly hear that stuff on these boards but I don’t see it and neither do you guys because you don’t sell it.... you heard about it that one time 10 years ago from that one guy. Or had the one job you installed from them years ago....I try to give objective help on these boards and I could go on and on about what I don’t like about Okna or softlite or whoever. And you know there isn’t a perfect window or manufacturer that’s why there are hundreds quality options out there.

Okna has on paper the better performance stats of just about anyone but does that .01 difference equate to real life savings? I say no... I’d rather have Cardinal Glass unit and put more weight in that over Duralite from Okna or anyone else using its. It’s the most unreliable and more prone to seal failure in my experience. But I’m not selling Okna so i can’t attest to there seal failure rate but I can guarantee their technology is no where near that of Cardinal

Now I’m off to bed, early flight to Vegas tomorrow for Top500

Windows on Washington

#21 Post by Windows on Washington »

WDC,

Hope the travel to Vegas was easy. We forget how long a trip that is at the end of the day, but it is never more painful than on the way back.

I hope folks didn't appear to be as dog-piling in this case. All the guys on here are really good dudes and as Todd said, he doesn't even deal with Okna.

As a general rule, I think you will see Sunrise discussed as a premium product right along side of the Soft-Lite's, Kensington's, Polaris, and Oknas of the world.

Have fun and enjoy the trip.

Double Hung

#22 Post by Double Hung »

Cough, cough

viewforum.php?f=9

HomeSealed

#23 Post by HomeSealed »

WindowsDirectCinci wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:17 pm It just strikes a nerve when I constantly hear that stuff on these boards but I don’t see it and neither do you guys because you don’t sell it.... you heard about it that one time 10 years ago from that one guy. Or had the one job you installed from them years ago....
This is poor form WDC, and is inaccurate. I'd say that there are more contributors here that have either sold or installed that window on more than "that one job" basis than not. Todd is a grown up and can defend himself, but he's been rather specific in his dislikes. Personally, I have installed (as in personally installed) more Sunrise windows than almost any other product discussed here, and while I do think its a good company and a good window that deservedly enjoys a good reputation here (particularly the casement and SGD which are very good), I find that many of the criticisms ring true... and I will leave it at that.

WindowsDirectCinci

#24 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

Ok so you installed them how long ago? I can tell you in the last 4+ years the issues you speak of I haven’t seen. What happened in 1998 when you installed them or whenever it was is irrelevant. My comments were mostly directed at Todd as he has admitted he only installed one Sunrise job and spreads the same crap about bowing seals etc. Most window related issues have to do with poor installation.

toddinmn

#25 Post by toddinmn »

I think we can judge something past 4 years unless they changed the window. I still have never seen a window sill bow before from over tightening the jamb screws .

Windows on Washington

#26 Post by Windows on Washington »

Probably best to take this to the contractor's forum as suggested above.

I will ask the mods to email you a password WDC if you don't already have it.

HomeSealed

#27 Post by HomeSealed »

WindowsDirectCinci wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:19 pm Ok so you installed them how long ago? I can tell you in the last 4+ years the issues you speak of I haven’t seen. What happened in 1998 when you installed them or whenever it was is irrelevant. My comments were mostly directed at Todd as he has admitted he only installed one Sunrise job and spreads the same crap about bowing seals etc. Most window related issues have to do with poor installation.
I installed them as currently designed, so to Todd's point, timing is pretty irrelevant when an issue if more design related as opposed to QC... My experience has been much more recent than 1998 however.

I do agree that most window issues are install related, and I think that anyone that has been around this industry for any amount of time would agree. I also think that the items in question are neither QC nor install related (I've had to screw down MANY Sunrise DH sills that were not overfoamed). If you have not seen that I'd find that pretty odd, but I did not see many lift rails coming off, I'll say that.

SCKeith803

#28 Post by SCKeith803 »

I’m considering the okna 600 series how do they compare to Great Lakes comfort smart series. So much negative reviews of Great Lakes to jump the gun yet

Windows on Washington

#29 Post by Windows on Washington »

No real comparison there. The 600 is the better product, but a good bit.

HomeSealed

#30 Post by HomeSealed »

Windows on Washington wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:59 am No real comparison there. The 600 is the better product, but a good bit.
100%