Which is best deal?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
centralflorida

Which is best deal?

#1 Post by centralflorida »

We're replacing single pane, aluminum with vinyl, energy efficient windows. We have the following proposals for 8 windows. The windows are:
2 - Picture Windows - 72" x 59"
4 - Horizontal Sliders - 48" x 59"
2 - Double Hung - 25.25" x 49.5"

The proposals are :
Simonton StormBreaker Plus - $9,800
Simonton 9800 - $9,100
Simonton 5500 - $7,312
PGT 5400 - $9,840
PGT 5400 (no Argon) - $7,982

All of the windows are low E/Argon except for the last PGT proposal which is low E but no Argon. Only the Simonton StormBreaker Plus has impact glass. I realize these aren't all apples to apples comparisons but I was wondering which are good (or the best) deals price/quality wise. We're in Central Florida so we aren't really sure we need impact windows but are considering it. Any input would be appreciated.

Windows on Washington

Re: Which is best deal?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Not sure you can go wrong with any of them from a product standpoint. Impact windows are a nice upgrade for a multitude of reasons.

How about the installer comparison?

centralflorida

#3 Post by centralflorida »

Thanks for the response. The installers for the Simonton Stormbreaker Plus and the PGT 5400 w/o Argon seem to have the edge. Any comments on the pricing?

centralflorida

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am not as familiar with those line of product given our lack of requirement for them up here. That said, both are pretty well regarded products so its a bit of a toss up to my reading of the reviews on them.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. From what I know about your region through industry connections, those are two very solid options. Harder to comment on the price. Generally speaking its within the "normal range" to be seen (if not toward the higher end of it), however I know that Impact glass will drive the price up, and there are a bunch of other factors as well. If you have two qualified installers and two good products, both with pricing not far off from each other, that tells me that it should be pretty solid even if that is only speculation.