Help finding manufacturer or brand!

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
RedOak

Help finding manufacturer or brand!

#1 Post by RedOak »

Thanks for the add guys!

Need help tracking down these windows. They are wood inside, alum out, and have a built-in storm window.

Any idea who makes these or where I could find a similar replacement?

Windows on Washington

Re: Help finding manufacturer or brand!

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Any stickers inside the head jamb? Can you tilt it in?

RedOak

#3 Post by RedOak »

No stickers anywhere. Looked all over and no identifying markers on the window anywhere.

Why oh why do so many manufacturers do this? Can't they just put something like Pella and the old Vetter windows that have it built into their hardware? I digress.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

Many smaller to mid-size window manufacturers come and go as they tend to have short lifespans compared to the big three (Andersen, Pella, Marvin). I know that at some point over the years, I've gutted those windows and installed replacements. There is probably less than a 10% percent chance that the manufacturer might still be in business. Even if so, that window looks so dated that getting any major replacement parts outside of locks would be very doubtful as once a line is discontinued with a more advanced model, they slowly run off production and inventory, or the ability to make up a new sash if needed. Sorry.

RedOak

#5 Post by RedOak »

OK, that makes sense. Tough making windows I suppose.

Guess on same like kind and quality? I only ask because this is an insurance claim and the carrier has only paid for about $830 to replace all three(same size) single hung windows. Looks like a higher quality in its day. I'm thinking a Marvin or even Pella would be similar build quality. Pricing for a replacement for a similar window to include storms if we can't find one with them built-in should be closer to $1400 each.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

RedOak wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:21 pm OK, that makes sense. Tough making windows I suppose.

Guess on same like kind and quality? I only ask because this is an insurance claim and the carrier has only paid for about $830 to replace all three(same size) single hung windows. Looks like a higher quality in its day. I'm thinking a Marvin or even Pella would be similar build quality. Pricing for a replacement for a similar window to include storms if we can't find one with them built-in should be closer to $1400 each.
$830 for 3? Is that due to depreciation? It must be, as you are right, a prefinished wood clad window these days will end up well north of $1000 installed in most cases even of mediocre quality, sometimes pushing $2k.

uncle eddie

#7 Post by uncle eddie »

I'm not sure what leads you to belive those were high quality in their day. Nothing special at all, I've been replacing similar units for years now.

RedOak

#8 Post by RedOak »

OK we got some numbers to help us along. Inside the pane is reading Crestopane 81 - 91. Then we have numbers that are 31921212, 23521211, and 3481411 for the 3 different units. There is also a stamp left to right of a Triangle, Square, then Circle.

Could these be Crestline? I know when you get numbers off the pane that usually just means the glass pack manufacturer.

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

Your better bet here is going to be by snapping some pictures of the numbers that you see so that we can try to make heads or tails of them.

RedOak

#10 Post by RedOak »

The latest photos here. Hope these guide us and thanks guys again for all your help!

best exteriors

#11 Post by best exteriors »

Good luck with the project.

toddinmn

#12 Post by toddinmn »

Fixing the window may be the easiest solution, what is wrong with them? Whatever the brand , that line is out of production.

RedOak

#13 Post by RedOak »

Hail damage claim and the carrier is only paying $1800 for 3 windows. First things first it has to be same like kind and quality so without the manufacturer I don't' really have any argument. Was thinking Anderson 400 Series would be the most affordable aluminum clad we could replace them with. Are they old Crestlines?

I'll PM you Best Exteriors.

toddinmn

#14 Post by toddinmn »

Probably Crestlines, Andersen 400’s are vinyl clad.

toddinmn

#15 Post by toddinmn »

Probably Crestlines, Andersen 400’s are vinyl clad.
$600 is aproaching cost of window with prefinished interior.